- An automated turf harvester is a heavy-duty equipment used for turf cultivation, majorly used by sod farmers for the cultivation of natural turf. The equipment assists sod farmers to reduce labor-intensive farming practices.
- Automated turf harvesters enable sod farmers to reduce the cost of labor and automate the turf cultivation process, which enhances the productivity as well. Automated turf harvesters are equipped with remote diagnostics, GSM, and GPS communication monitoring features, advance cutter head, robotic stacking system etc.
Rise in number of golf courses and stadiums a major driving factor for the automated turf harvester market
- Increase in construction of golf courses and large stadiums for sports and athletic events across the globe are estimated to be a driving factor for the growth of the automated turf harvester market in the future. Automated turf harvesters are equipped with advance technology and techniques. Golf courses require high quality turf on a large scale which is expected to increase turf cultivation and demand for automated turf harvesters during the forecast period.
Trend of offering turf machinery and equipment on lease and on rental basis anticipated to be an opportunity for the market
- Rapid increase in the trend of offering turf machinery and equipment on lease and on rental basis is projected to offer lucrative opportunities to the automated turf harvester market in the next few years. Distributors and suppliers of turf machinery and equipment offer used turf harvesting equipment to sod farmers on a rental basis. This trend is increasing rapidly in North America, Europe, and in a few countries of the Asia Pacific region.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
High cost of automated turf harvesters anticipated to be a restraint for the market
- Heavy expenditure incurred on the purchase and maintenance of automated turf harvesters is projected to be a restraint for the global automated turf harvester market. Various sports federations playing games on artificial turf rather than natural turf is projected to be a threat to the automated turf harvester market. Increase in usage of artificial turf for lawns at residential places etc. is also anticipated to be a restraint for the automated turf harvester market.
North America considered the biggest market for automated turf harvesters
- Geographically, the global automated turf harvester market can be divided into five regions: North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA).
- North America holds major share in the automated turf harvester market. The automated turf harvester market in North America is projected to expand at a moderate rate during the forecast period, due to rising utilization of automatic agricultural equipment in countries such as the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.