- The IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) is an open, standardized architecture which offers voice over IP and multimedia services. The main aim of an IP multimedia subsystem is to merge multimedia services on IP networks and cellular networks globally, by using the same standard protocols for both fixed and mobile IP services.
- The rising demand for advance technology from service providers to reduce operation cost by transitioning to next-generation networks which support video, voice, and data services across different types of network access such as wireless, wireline etc, have accelerated the IP multimedia subsystem market globally. The IP multimedia subsystem permits service providers to deploy a complete array of real-time, personalized business and consumer multimedia services over different networks.
IP Multimedia Subsystem Market Dynamics
Rising demand for high speed Internet or emergence of 5G
- The development of next generation wireless network (5G) technology has become one of the major factors driving the growth of the IP multimedia subsystem market. According to Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, 5G technology services are expected to be commercialized in China by 2020. In addition, the increasing adoption of voice over internet protocol for rich communication such as voice, video, and data have driven the IP multimedia subsystem market globally. Voice over IP solutions use internet protocol networks to transmit the data (voice, video, etc) in small packets instead of analog telephone networks.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
North America expected to hold largest share in the global IP multimedia subsystem market
- Based on region, the IP multimedia subsystem market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America held a dominant position in the global IP multimedia subsystem market in 2018 and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period. The U.S. and Canada are major countries that drive the IP multimedia subsystem market in this region. The extensive presence of big telecommunication giants and innovation of advance communication technologies such as rich communication services and private LTE have provided the dominant position to North America in the global IP multimedia subsystem market.
- The Asia Pacific IP multimedia subsystem market is expected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. India, China, Japan, and Australia are some of the key countries which drive the IP multimedia subsystem market in this region. The increasing adoption of cloud platforms by telecommunication operators for transitioning analog networks to internet protocol networks have driven the demand for IP multimedia subsystems in this region.