- Train contactor is an electronic device used in railroad vehicles for various types of rolling stock applications such as braking, air conditioning, ventilator, lighting, heating, and door control. Train contactors are used to increase the security of the electronic assembly in any rolling stock vehicle or for the railways.
- Train contactors are mostly of two types: AC train contactors and DC train contactors. Both types of contractors can be installed in any environment including driver or passenger cabins, urban or main line trains, underground trains, or trams circulating frequently in tunnels or underground passages.
- Train contactors provide numerous benefits to the whole power system of the railway such as reduced train energy consumption, which in turn enables accurate and proper power management for rolling stock vehicles.
- The global train contactor market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to the increase in demand for train contactors from different applications of the railway industry.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Train Contactor Market: Dynamics
Global Train Contactor Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Technological and functional advancement in train contactors are estimated to boost the demand for train contactors during the forecast period.
- Extensive developments in railways will push the need for technologically advanced and high efficiency train contactors for braking, air conditioning, ventilator, lighting, heating, and door control, which is expected to influence the demand for train contactors.
- Increasing government initiatives encouraging fast track railway infrastructure construction along with increase in the train passenger ratio globally are some of the major factors expected to fuel the train contactor market during the forecast period.
- Train manufacturers are moving toward increased use of train contactors to meet the rising demand to reduce the weight of the entire electric assembly. Train contactors provide proper weight optimization, which in turn is estimated to boost the demand for train contactors globally.
- The need to reduce the mechanical strain on trains and provide a relaxed ride in passenger and freight trains is expected to boost the demand for train contactors across the globe.
- Increasing automation in the transportation industry is estimated to boost the demand for train contactors during the forecast period.
- The high initial cost incurred on the complete installation of train contactors assembly is anticipated to adversely impact the market.
- The complete assembly of train contactors necessitates proper maintenance and timely servicing in order to achieve optimum operation of train contactors; hence, additional servicing and maintenance cost might hamper the growth of the train contactor market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific to Account for Major Share of the Global Train Contactor Market
- In terms of region, the global train contactor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America is anticipated to witness a healthy and stable growth in the train contactor market due to the stringent security measures and well-developed railway network.
- Asia Pacific is expected to the leading consumer of train contactors during the forecast period, followed by North America and Europe. This is primarily due to the continuously increasing railway network and inclination of passengers toward railways in the region. China and India are key countries in the train contactor market in the region; railway authorities and governments of these countries are energetically involved in the improvement of the railway network in these countries.