- A data center is a virtual infrastructure or physical facility used by enterprises to accommodate systems such as computers, servers, and networking systems as well as components.
- Data center test and measurement refers to testing the entire data center, which needs a test and measurement instrument that can measure performance of the computing systems of the data center.
- Data is increasing at a rapid pace across the globe. Many data centers are currently at maximum capacity. Hence, data center operators require a method or technique to increase channel bandwidth, speed, and reduce the power per bit. Hence, a whole new set of test and measurement solutions are required to perform such operations or methods to successfully implement these changes.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Data Center Test and Measurement Market: Dynamics
Global Data Center Test and Measurement Market: Key Drivers
- Data centers are upgrading from 100GE to 400GE to meet the rising demand from enterprises to enhance network broadband. This is expected to create demand to test the Ethernet, which is likely to create demand for solutions that can validate FlexE and FlexO technologies. This is a major factor expected to boost the growth of the data center test and measurement market during the forecast period.
- Rise in adoption of emerging technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT), 5G, virtual reality (VR), artificial intelligence (AI), and autonomous vehicles by various sectors is estimated to boost the demand for data center test and measurement across the globe. This is primarily because adoption of these technologies creates volatile amounts of data in the network, creating new computing and performance demands in the data center, which indirectly generates demand for data center test and measurement solutions.
- At present, data centers are shifting from multi-fiber push-on (MPO)-8 to MPO-12, thus generating demand for more versatile fiber-optic testing equipment, which is a major factor projected to accelerate the global data center test and measurement market in the next few years.
- Rise in demand to increase channel capacity, quality, and compatibility, and reduce test time and costs is estimated to propel the global data center test and measurement market during the forecast period.
Global Data Center Test and Measurement Market: Restraints
- One of the most significant challenges of the data center test and measurement market is integration and implementation of diverse and dynamic sets of components and transceivers. Thus, integration challenge is a major factor projected to hinder the global data center test and measurement market in the next few years.
- Also, high cost of data center test and measurement solutions are expected to hamper the market during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Data Center Test and Measurement Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. Developed countries are strongly affected by this pandemic. COVID-19 has a positive impact on the data center test and measurement market. Currently, people are focusing majorly on online activities such as e-commerce and using OTT platforms, which is anticipated to increase the data worldwide. Therefore, data centers are upgrading their capacity and increasing channel bandwidth to manage the huge amount of data. Hence test and measurement solutions help data centers to work more efficiently.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Data Center Test and Measurement Market
- In terms of region, the global data center test and measurement market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America dominated the global data center test and measurement market in 2019, due to the high market share of solutions used to manage, test, and monitor network performance in the region. Rising demand for agile IT infrastructures is anticipated to boost the data center test and measurement market in the region.