- Shelling machines are mainly used to separate nuts such as almond, peanuts, and cashew from its shell. The machine includes a separating chamber, shelling chamber, and a motor (1HP).
- Shelling or separation is an important process in the production of groundnut. Shelling is the removal of the groundnut seed from its pod by compression, impact action, and a combination or shearing of more of these methods. The shelling operation is of two types: traditional and mechanical.
- Shelling machines use different types of material depending on durability, cost and availability, strength and rigidity, and weight and friction.
- The global shelling machines market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to increasing demand for shelling machines in the agriculture industry.
Global Shelling Machines Market: Key Drivers
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
- Rise in consumption and production of dried fruit products such as almond, cashew, and prune is expected to boost the demand for shelling machines around the world. For instance, according to a report published by the International Nut and Dried Fruit Council, the global production of dried fruits was over 3.1 million metric tons in 2018/2019, which represents an increase of 30% compared to 2012-2013.
- Rise in demand for saving more working time while separating groundnut from its shell is augmenting the demand for shelling machines across the world. This is primarily because traditional shelling is done by stick beating, animal trampling, or pod pressing by hand. This process take considerable time to separate the groundnut from its shell.
- Rising global urban population and per capita income are factors that are likely to push the demand for dried fruits, which indirectly influences the demand for shelling machines.
- Increasing consumer inclination toward convenience stores and advancements of modern retail formats propel the demand for shelling machines, thus fueling the global market in the coming years.