- Nonlinear optical crystals can produce nonlinear optical effect, wherein light of one wavelength is transformed into light of another wavelength
- The phenomenon of nonlinear optics occurs due to transfer of molecules to higher-energy state. This generates vibrations of all frequencies corresponding to energy level differences between populated states.
- Input waves used in nonlinear optics are magnetic field, electricity, laser beam, or strain field
- Leading manufacturers are offering various nonlinear optical crystal materials including BBO, LBO, KTP, KDP, DKDP, LiIO3, LiNbO3, MgO:LiNbO3, AGS, AGSe, ZGP, GaSe, and CdSe
- Nonlinear optical crystals are used for various applications including healthcare, remote sensing, quantum information science, optical ranging, underwater photography, atomic science, optical communication, and laser technology
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Drivers of Global Nonlinear Optical Crystals Market
- The global nonlinear optical crystals market is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period, owing to increasing demand for nonlinear optical crystals for use in various applications such as materials research, optical sensing, and optical communication systems
- Moreover, leading players are focusing on the research and development of nonlinear optical crystals for use in various potential applications such as frequency doubling, optical parametric oscillation, and remote sensing. This factor is expected to further drive the global nonlinear optical crystals market during the forecast period.
- Companies operating in the global nonlinear optical crystals market are investing to expand their product portfolios and improve their distribution networks. They have adopted strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, development of new products, joint ventures, and expansions to meet the increasing demand for nonlinear optical crystals across different regions.
Optical Communication Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Nonlinear optical crystals is a crucial raw material used in the nonlinear optics for application of optical communication and data storage technology
- Manufacturers are increasing their attention toward wider application of nonlinear optical crystals in the area of optical communication. They are also focusing on offering nonlinear optical crystals with new materials, for which single crystal specimens are not available.
- Moreover, leading manufacturers of nonlinear optical crystals are planning to increase investments in the research and development. These factors are expected to drive the demand for nonlinear optical crystals during the forecast period.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Poor Response Time of Nonlinear Optical Crystals
- Nonlinear optical crystals offer high absorbance in the visible spectrum, which produces certain sluggish results. Moreover, the inorganic type of nonlinear optical crystals offers poor response time. These factors are expected to limit the usage of nonlinear optical crystals in the next few years.
- However, research and development in the field of nonlinear optical crystals is expected to fuel the global nonlinear optical crystals market during the forecast period
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Nonlinear Optical Crystals Market
- North America is a leading region of the global nonlinear optical crystals market, followed by Europe and Asia. The U.S. and Canada are key markets for nonlinear optical crystals in the region. In terms of demand, these countries account for a major share of the market in the region.
- In addition to this, the demand of nonlinear optical crystals is estimated to increase from telecommunication and healthcare industries in Asia Pacific. This is expected to augment the market for nonlinear optical crystals in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.