The Cargo Shipping Market is estimated to gain momentum after fiscal year 2018 after years of sluggish growth. Cargo shipping market is projected to reach 12.52 Billion Tons at CAGR of 3.5% from 2016 to 2021. Global economic development, commodity supply and demand are key drivers fuelling the growth of the global cargo shipping trade.
Asia-Pacific: Largest market for cargo shipping trade
Asia-Pacific accounted for the largest share of the global cargo shipping trade in 2016. Developing Asian economies are driving growth in Asia-Pacific region. China is major exporter in Asia-Pacific as it is developed as manufacturing hub. Market demand, developments in port infrastructure and strong government support have enabled Asia-Pacific to achieve largest market share.
Don’t miss out on business opportunities in Cargo Shipping Market.
The European region has been segmented into Germany, France, the U.K., Spain and Russia. Europe is estimated to account for the second-largest share in the global cargo shipping trade in 2016. The EU countries are expected to show steady growth in near future due to various initiatives by European Union and rising global demand.
Key Players of Cargo Shipping Market:
- P. Møller – Mærsk A/S (Denmark)
- Mediterranean Shipping Company SA (Switzerland)
- CMA CGM SA (France)
- Hapag-Lloyd Ag (Germany)
The following are key objectives of the study
- To analyse the global marine cargo industry, by region, in terms of geo-politics
- To define and analyse the global marine cargo markets by cargo type – liquid cargo, dry bulk, general cargo, container cargo
- To define and analyse the global marine cargo by trade routes – Suez Canal, Panama Canal, Straits of Malacca & Singapore and Strait of Hormuz with trade lanes
- To define, describe and analyse current and future trends in global cargo shipping industry
- To define and describe the global industrial, agricultural, petrochemical cargo shipping market by value.
- To define and describe the regulatory framework and challenges in the global cargo shipping industry
- To geo-politically analyze the global cargo shipping industry by region
Container Transport: A promising market
The growth in container transport will have highest growth in cargo shipping trade compared to other types of cargos. Demographic changes and the increased globalization drives the growth for container transport. Additionally, the investments in port infrastructure, global supply & demand cycle will have positive impact on container transport. Asia-Pacific region dominates the container transport followed by Europe and North America in 2016.
Get Free Sample Report of this Report at:
North America is estimated to have the third-largest market share in cargo shipping trade, by volume, in 2016. . The North American cargo shipping market is projected to grow at a promising CAGR during the forecast period. Growth in global economies will be major factor for cargo shipping trade growth as Canada and Mexico are export oriented economies.
MarketsandMarkets™ provides quantified B2B research on 30,000 high growth niche opportunities/threats which will impact 70% to 80% of worldwide companies’ revenues. Currently servicing 7500 customers worldwide including 80% of global Fortune 1000 companies as clients. Almost 75,000 top officers across eight industries worldwide approach MarketsandMarkets™ for their painpoints around revenues decisions.
630 Dundee Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
USA : 1-888-600-6441
Read More: Cargo Shipping Market Analysis