Seattle, Washington 🇺🇸 | Marsh & McLennan Companies company
Marsh & McLennan Companies - is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. We help clients quantify and manage risk — and help them unlock new opportunities for growth. With 76 000 colleagues worldwide.
UI Developer at Guy Carpenter, you will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation, and support of a high-performance, highly scalable .NET scientific simulation platform using leading agile development practices. This is a hands-on role that works both independently and collaboratively in a team environment. You must be delivery-focused and possess broad set of technology skills to take this complex modeling platform to the next level of usability, ease of use and user interaction sophistication.
- Develop in C# and .NET for Windows using Agile development methods and the latest Microsoft technologies.
- Work directly with actuaries, experts in reinsurance, and capital modeling to develop user interface for modeling functionality and results analysis.
- Work on a team with embedded QA and domain experts to design, implement, test and support software products, tools, and analysis platform.
- Meet with product users to understand their goals and the domain. Use their feedback to further improve the user experience of the modeling software.
- 8+ years software development experience
- Proven record of shipping commercial software.
- Expert-level C# skills, .NET framework experience, and object oriented design experience, including strong knowledge of core libraries and common design patterns.
- Experience developing user interface for complex products and highly technical users.
- Proven ability to extract goals, ideas and approaches from domain experts and translate them into elegant UI design.
- Experience with interactive charting and graphing packages for the visual display of quantitative information.
- Expert-level WPF/XAML. Other frameworks a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates self-motivation, resourcefulness and independent action
- Experience working directly with users on an agile development team strongly preferred.
❗️IMPORTANT, HOW TO APPLY❗️
Please send your CV and notes to: