Global Rectifier Transformers Market: Introduction
- A transformer rectifier is a transformer that contains diodes or thyristors in the same tank. In industrial processes that require significant supply of direct current (DC), rectifier transformers are used. Typical processes include DC traction, electrolysis, and smelting operations.
- Rectifier transformers are designed to address issues such as eddy current and harmonics. With the help of a rectifier transformer, fine voltage regulation levels can be achieved. In these transformers, control units can be built inside or separately. The system is ideal for use in applications with high voltage.
- A combination of a regulating transformer and a rectifier transformer, which is applied to primary aluminum production (smelters), is commonly known as a rectiformer. In applications with rating of up to 160 MVA approximately, rectiformers can be used as a single-tank solution. However, for higher ratings, transportation restrictions usually call for two transformers to be used as separate units.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Rectifier Transformers Market
- Most applications require special industrial transformers, as the prevalent devices cannot bear the load of these applications. These transformers provide low voltage supply with the required energy, without causing any damage. These are used in various applications such as mining, electric furnaces, laboratory experiments, and variable-speed-drive motor controls.
- Rectifier transformers operate at a medium or low load. Rectifier transformers allow power transmission at high voltages over long distances, thereby minimizing the loss during transmission.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
- Furthermore, the global rectifier transformers market is driven by increased demand for electricity. As the power sector is the key indicator of economic growth, countries are investing in improving their electricity infrastructure and meeting the risen demand for electricity.
- Low-rated rectifier transformers are currently used more commonly than medium-rated and high-rated rectifier transformers. Globally, high-voltage DC (HVDC) and high-voltage AC (HVAC) transmission are preferred modes of power transmission. This is a key factor fueling the global market for rectifier transformers.