CMP Pads: Introduction
- Chemical mechanical planarization (or polishing) [CMP] is an important step that is used for several times in the manufacturing process of semiconductors to remove excess materials at each layer of the wafer and to obtain a smooth surface
- This semiconductor manufacturing process is carried out with the help of a pad and slurry on a polishing tool. Pads and slurries are consumables used in the CMP process.
- CMP pads are used in the semiconductor industry to attain a balanced removal rate, planarization, and reduced defectivity performance
- Use of CMP pads is beneficial to produce small electronic components with accurate flat surface and polished wafers
- In the manufacture of CMP pads, various types of materials are used. These include silicon, silicon carbide, sapphire, gallium arsenide, and indium phosphide.
- CMP pads are used in several applications such as silicon wafer polishing, polishing glass and optics, and polishing special metals, plastics, and copper bulk
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Rise in Demand for CMP Pads in Semiconductor Industry
- Increasing focus on mobility, Internet of Things (IoT), product features, and long battery life is expected to raise the demand for high-performance devices available at an affordable price
- In order to manufacture consumer electronics products, multiple semiconductor devices that involve deposition or removal of several materials are used. In the semiconductor manufacturing process, CMP pads play an important role of producing smooth surface.
- Additionally, CMP pads are increasingly used for non-IC applications. For instance, to improve extraction of light from LEDs, CMP pads are employed for fabrication of micro lens arrays.
- As a result of these advantages, the demand for CMP pads for use in the semiconductor industry is increasing. This is expected to drive the global CMP pads market during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global CMP Pads Market
The global CMP pads market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the risen demand for CMP pads. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global CMP pads market are:
- Anton Paar GmbH
- Cabot Microelectronics
- Crystec Technology Trading GmbH
- Eminess Technologies
- Kemet International Limited
- Logitech LTD
Read Our Trending Press Release: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-racing-drone-market-to-reach-valuation-of-us786-mn-by-2027-increasing-popularity-of-commercial-racing-events-to-drive-growth-finds-tmr-301007400.html