USB Power Switches: Introduction
- USB power switches are employed to charge electronic devices. They are also called power management devices. Electronic devices can be charged on electronic USB ports on multiple devices including docking stations and computers.
- USB power switches keep tabs on the device current. When the current is below the permissible limit, the device latch gets switched off.
- USB power switches come with different safety features such as internal protection from thermal overload. They are primarily used to control both temperature of the junction and power dissipation at a safe level. Furthermore, USB power switches also help in safeguarding the input supply from the overload of power supply.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
Growing Use of USB Power Switches in Automotive Industry Boosting Global USB Power Switches Market
- USB power switches generally come with the AECQ-100 specification, which implies that they are qualified for use in automotive applications
- USB power switches help in managing automotive applications while limiting the overloaded current. This helps in circuit protection during short circuiting.
- USB power switches hold importance, as USB is a key industry standard that defines various communication protocols. These protocols are used in managing the communication between various electronic devices. Moreover, in the automotive industry, USBs handle data transmission around a vehicle.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
Asia Pacific to Lead Global USB Power Switches Market
- In terms of region, the global USB power switches market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global USB power switches market throughout the forecast period, as several manufacturers of USB power switches operate in the region and they are constantly investing in the development of technologically advanced products to be used in several industry verticals, especially automotive and consumer electronics.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global USB power switches market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and development of new products to meet the risen demand for USB power switches.