Software Configuration Management: Introduction
- Software configuration management (SCM) is the process of controlling and tracking changes in the software. The primary objective of software configuration management is to identify configurations, configuration items, and baselines.
- Software configuration management detects any wrong changes that occur in the system and subsequently determines what was changed and who has changed it. Software configuration management can also decide how to replicate a configuration across several hosts.
- Software configuration management performs or keeps track of various tasks such as configuration control, configuration status accounting, configuration auditing, build management, process management, environment management, and defect tracking
- The global software configuration management market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to an increase in the demand for virtual or cloud-based software configuration management among organizations
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Software Configuration Management Market: Dynamics
Global Software Configuration Management Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Rise in adoption of cloud-based configuration among organizations is estimated to boost the demand for software configuration management across the globe. This is primarily because cloud-based software configuration management has lower deployment cost and maintenance expenses as compared to that incurred by on-premise software configuration management.
- Increased demand for customized products with numerous options is likely to propel the need for several product configurations, which in turn is estimated to boost the demand for software configuration management market during the forecast period
- Surge in demand for effective compliance with stringent regulatory laws is a major factor that is projected to boost the global software configuration management market in the next few years
- Rise in demand for software configuration management from enterprises to simplify and synchronize resources is estimated to propel the global software configuration management market during the forecast period
- Increased demand for automated management of IT policies and processes along with emergence of digital technologies across the globe is anticipated to boost the demand for software configuration management during the forecast period
- Data security and privacy concerns are expected to hamper the software configuration management during the forecast period
- Increase in complexities during configuring applications from different environments to maintain optimum performance is a key factor that is projected to hinder the global software configuration management market in the next few years
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Software Configuration Management Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. Developed countries are strongly affected by this pandemic. Most manufacturing or production of goods has been temporarily suspended all over the world. Businesses have been adversely impacted in most countries due to partial or full lockdown. This, in turn, is projected to indirectly hamper the global software configuration management market in the next few years.
- Lack of industrial activity is expected to result in low cash flows, further hampering the funding of projects. However, companies are collaborated with technology giants to develop industrial digitalization technologies in order to minimise the negative consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic on the supply chain and their businesses.