Tamping Machines: Introduction
- Tamping machines also known as ballast tamper, is a heavy machinery used in the packing and tamping of track ballasts under railway tracks for making it more durable.
- Tamping machines make the task faster, easier, more accurate, efficient, and less labor intensive as compared to manual processes with the help of beaters. Thus, tamping machines have now become an essential part of rail maintenance & construction.
- Tamping machines help lower maintenance costs, protect hardware, increase efficiency, decrease down time, and increase performance of railway tracks.
- Tamping machines are of three types: straight track tamping machines, points and crossing tamping machines, and multi-purpose tamping machines.
- The global tamping machines market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to the increase in demand for these devices from railways.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Tamping Machines Market: Dynamics
Global Tamping Machines Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Technological and function advancement in tamping machines are estimated to boost the demand for tamping machines during the forecast period. Earlier, these machines were only equipped to lift tracks and pack ballast; now they are also deployed for alignment of train to make them parallel & in the same level and lining of tracks.
- Rise in demand to reduce the mechanical strain on the train and offer a more comfortable ride in freight and passenger trains is expected to boost the demand for tamping machines market across the globe.
- Rise in infrastructure development across the globe is a major factor anticipated to propel the market growth. According to International Construction Market Survey 2018, major infrastructure spending on the Standard Gauge Railway between Nairobi and Naivasha (Kenya). Furthermore, Brazil is also upgrading 1,100km of railway. The government of developing nation is also planning to modernize the existing railway tracks by 2020.
- Increase in automation in the transportation and logistics industry is estimated to boost the demand for tamping machines during the forecast period.
- However, high cost of tamping machines is anticipated to adversely impact the tamping machines market.
May 14, 2020