Methylene Diphenyl Diisocyanate (MDI) Market Synopsis
Methylene diphenyl diisocyanate is mainly used in the production of polyurethane foam. Increasing demand for polyurethane foam in industries including construction, HVAC, automotive, and electrical & electronics is expected to drive the growth of the global methylene diphenyl diisocyanate market. The construction industry is the major revenue-generating segment for the global methylene diphenyl diisocyanate market. The global methylene diphenyl diisocyanate market report is expected to grow at over 5% CAGR by the end of 2025.
Methylene Diphenyl Diisocyanate (MDI) Market Regulatory, Pricing, and Trade Analysis
The prices of polymeric MDI declined in 2018 due to oversupply while that of pure MDI increased due to the growth in the demand for pure MDI worldwide. The total quantity of MDI exported in its primary form increased by around 1.9% and that of MDI imports increased by around 23%. The use of MDI is subject to various environmental regulations such as the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the European Chemical Agency (ECHA).
Access Full Report Details and Order this Premium Report @https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/methylene-diphenyl-diisocyanate-market-8346
Methylene Diphenyl Diisocyanate (MDI) Market Segmentation
By Form: The global methylene diphenyl diisocyanate industry can primarily be categorized into pure MDI, polymeric MDI, and modified MDI.
- Pure MDI—Pure MDI is a blend of 4,4 and 2,4 isomers of MDI of which 4,4 MDI accounts for 98%. Pure MDI is used in the production of prepolymers for cast polyurethane applications such as wheels & rollers and mechanical goods; TPU elastomers; and spandex fibers.
- Polymeric MDI—Polymeric MDI (PMDI) is a mixture of monomeric and polyaromatic methylene diphenyl diisocyanate. Polymeric MDI is also known as crude MDI. It is commonly used in the manufacturing rigid and flexible polyurethane foam for various applications including construction panels, spray heat insulation, refrigerators, and car interiors. PMDI is also used as a binder in the woodworking industry.
- Modified MDI—Modified MDI is obtained by catalyzing from monomeric MDI. Modified MDI includes prepolymers and blends derived from DMI. Modified MDI can be combined with long-chain polyethers, polyesters, or other polyols to produce products and materials including adhesives, sealants, and thermoplastic polymers for extrusion and injection molding applications.
By Application: The methylene diphenyl diisocyanate market share has been segmented into rigid foam; flexible foam; coatings, adhesives, sealants, & elastomers; and others.
By End-Use Industry: The global methylene diphenyl diisocyanate market has been segmented into building & construction, automotive, electrical & electronics, packaging, furnishing & interiors, and footwear.
- Building & Construction—The segment accounted for the largest share of the global methylene diphenyl diisocyanate market in 2018 and is expected to grow at a significant CAGR during the review period. The growth can be attributed to rising demand for energy-efficient construction materials coupled with increased spending on the renovation of buildings to build modern architecture. Polyurethane foam is used extensively in the building and construction industry to insulate roof underlays, exterior walls, floorings, interior wall cavities, attics, crawlspaces, door frames, and window frames, among others
- Automotive—Polyurethane finds use in various automobile interiors such as seats, armrests, and headrests for their both cushioning and insulation purpose. The growing demand for energy-efficient vehicles to reduce environmental emissions is likely to result in increased automotive production and thus, surge the demand for polyurethanes and MDI.
Read more reports at: https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/categories/chemicals-market-report
Read more details at: https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/infographics
Read more details at: https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/videos