As a company our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As an employer, we empower our own people to achieve more and make a difference in the world. Join us and be one who empowers billions!
o Reach – Microsoft’s resources and scale empowers employees to utilize their skills for lasting impact.
o Freedom –Microsoft values each individual’s talent and skillset and provides the freedom to explore and enhance them.
o Inspiration – Inspiration can be found through our products and how they can improve our customers’ lives.
- Advance and protect the image and reputation of Microsoft
- Tell stories that help create Microsoft Fans that fall in love with the things Microsoft makes
- Be accountable for communication across multiple products and service lines, employee communications and cross-Microsoft initiatives
- Participate in all-up strategy development and align the execution across multiple communication areas, teams and groups
- Be a trusted advisor to CVP level and above who lead a business, country, area, region, etc.
- Influence the strategy for external media engagements, expand our investment in amplified communications and a broader range of new influencers
- Experiment in new mediums like visual storytelling, podcasts, and new channels
- Increase global storytelling by using data and insights and featuring local customers
- Responding quickly, being adaptable, and learning
- Employee communications: 20%
- Media Strategy & Relations: 20%
- Storytelling & Messaging for both Earned and Owned Media: 20%
- Communication Strategy Setting & Planning: 15%
- Crisis, Issues, & Change Management Communications: 15%
- Digital Communications Partnership & Collaboration: 10%
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- At least 15 years as a strong communicator with experience across multiple Comms functions: agency, in house, employee, web, social, integrated marketing, etc.
- A seasoned Communications Leader with expertise in multiple discipline areas
- Awareness of and experience dealing with government and public affairs issues
- Experience in engaging with director to general manager to corporate vice president levels
- May be asked to act as an external spokesperson
- Business background and marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) required with emphasis in journalism, public relations, marketing, or communications
- Knowledge of Microsoft products and the technology industry is strongly preferred
- Fluent Russian and English
Current knowledge of digital communications techniques and social media engagement is preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Please mention Your Job telegram channel as the source of information regarding this position