Automotive Pedestrian Protection Vehicle System: Introduction
- Automotive pedestrian protection system refers to an essential safety feature that helps to alert the driver about crossing pedestrians and cyclist. The system also assists the driver and activates the brake of the vehicle through the ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) in case of a frontal collision. Manufacturers design the vehicle to absorb maximum energy of an impact, thereby, avoiding injuries to the colliding object or pedestrian.
- Pedestrians include people who walk and also the bicyclists. Injuries tends to be severe when the pedestrian’s head strikes against the vehicle bonnet and windshield. This system ensures that the intensity of such an injury remains minimal.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Pedestrian Protection Vehicle System Market, Request for a Sample
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Vehicle System Market
- Rising trend toward autonomous vehicles (AVs) is propelling the automotive pedestrian protection vehicle system. Presently, every vehicle manufacturing company is focused on improvement of vehicle safety. The pedestrian protection vehicle system employs sensors located behind the bonnet to ensure pedestrian safety. When the pedestrian strikes the vehicle, the acceleration sensor transmits a signal to the control unit, which lifts the bonnet up. Furthermore, an AV incorporates several systems including pedestrian protection vehicle system, lane assist, and ADAS system to enhance vehicle safety.
- Stringent regulations related to vehicle safety are further boosting the global automotive pedestrian vehicle system market. According to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), U.S.A., in 2018, 36,600 people died owing to vehicle accidents. Therefore, government and regulatory authorities including NHTSA, United Nations Organization, and the European Commission have taken initiatives and enacted country-wide vehicle standards and legislations that mandate implementation of the pedestrian protection system in a vehicle in order to address the issue of increasing rate of accidental deaths.
Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of global automotive pedestrian protection vehicle system market
- Increasing research and development in technology of electric vehicles (EVs) and autonomous vehicle (AVs) in China, Japan, and India is fueling the pedestrian protection vehicle system market in Asia Pacific. Newly developed EVs and AVs are integrated with more number of safety systems such as ADAS, pedestrian protection system, and ABS.
- New entrants in the automotive market in China, India, Japan, and South Korea are likely to influence research and development of the pedestrian protection system in the automotive market in Asia Pacific. Statistics about pedestrian death in South Korea reveal that the pedestrian protection vehicle system is likely to play a vital role in the automotive industry in the country.
- Consequently, all factors mentioned above are likely to propel the automotive pedestrian protection vehicle system market in Asia Pacific.