- Undertake the duties of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Russia regulated entity. Also act as chairman of the Management Board of PayPal RU
- Appointment to the role of CEO of the PayPal Russia is subject to the prior approval, and continuous oversight, by the CBR. The CEO will be accountable to the CBR for ensuring that PayPal RU operates in compliance with CBR regulations
- Ensure the operation of a sound risk management, regulatory compliance & financial control framework for the Russian entity, in conjunction with local & global risk, regulatory & finance colleagues
- Maintain a productive and collaborative team environment to ensure there is a strong regulatory and risk management focus in all activities of the entity at all times. Support Risk & Compliance Teams in managing local regulators and oversee the execution of key regulatory activities
- Provide governance and legal entity support for the development of PayPal’s Russia business, organization and employees. Help drive legal/regulatory advice on potential business initiatives and be accountable for the impact on the regulated entity;
- Enable the business to operate effectively by streamlining processes and ensuring the control functions are suitably able to support commercial & regulatory objectives;
- Ensure that the entity has clear and open communication channels to International colleagues;
- Build effective, trust-based, working relationships with International Colleagues, the local Board, Regulators, and other key stakeholders. Partner with Government & Regulatory Relations Teams to develop and implement Russia strategic regulatory plans to enhance ongoing engagement and deliver strong sustainable relationships.
- Prior experience as a GM/COO or functional (Risk, Compliance, finance) executive, in the international leadership team of a significant financial services business of scale and complexity or in related regulated industries;
- Experienced interacting with independent Boards and Regulators;
- Familiarity with the Russian market, coupled with perspectives from working in a matrixed environment. Ideally s/he would have experience of working for a US multi-national at some stage in their career;
- Financially astute and knowledgeable about regulated businesses;
- The personal authority and gravitas to have impact and influence at the top level with regulators, business leaders and other key opinion formers;
- Strong analytical skills and able to make clear and well-judged decisions in the face of uncertainty;
- Pragmatic, collegiate, courageous and balanced; ability to both challenge and support.
- The interpersonal skills to build mutually respectful, trust-based relationships with the Group, local Board of Directors and other stakeholders;
- Comfortable managing ambiguity;
- The cultural sensitivity to operate effectively across a diverse international network;
- Be a clear communicator and bring high levels of emotional intelligence; a good listener, wise and robust when and if required; and
Leadership and Diplomacy:
- Able to create and articulate an inspiring vision for the PayPal Russia Entity;
- Track record of developing team members, delegating effectively, celebrating diversity within the team, and managing performance;
- Leads through change and acts as a role model for new ways and standards of working being open, dependable and connected; and
- Adaptable to changes in the financial services sector giving the evolving competitive and regulatory environment;
- Ability to understand, empathise and influence with, the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for PayPal;
- Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively; and
- Able to influence senior leaders with different views and management styles. Will connect with the International Management team and be able to “work the matrix”, whilst respecting boundaries.
Executing for Results:
- Ability to set clear goals while committing the organization to regulatory compliance and effective risk management;
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations;
- A leader who is viewed by others as having a high degree of integrity and forethought in his/her approach to making decisions; the ability to act in a transparent and consistent manner.
Background / Technical Skills:
- Excellent regulatory relationships and understanding;
- Technical credibility across a broad range of functions; and
- Ability to help navigate complex legal entity structures and partnerships. Will understand the nuances of operating internationally, particularly in Russia.
- Fluent in English;
- Ideally, conversant in Russian law (including the Bank of Russia ‘s regulations) governing the activities of commercial organisations and credit institutions;
Please mention the Dream Job (Вакансии) telegram channel as the source of information regarding this position
Если вы текущий или бывший сотрудник компании PayPal, вы можете оставить отзыв о работодателе на сайте Dream Job: bit.ly/dj_paypal