Solar Water Desalination Plants: Introduction
- A solar water desalination plant produces potable water from saline water through direct or indirect methods of desalination powered by sunlight
- The design of a direct (or a passive) plant unit, generically called a solar still, can be quite simple
- Solar water desalination plants are powered solely by solar energy. Hence, weather conditions and variable solar intensity led by shifting position of the sun throughout the day can negatively impact the efficiency of these plants.
- The heat that drives the desalination process can also be provided by large arrays of sunlight-concentrating mirrors. However, it is expensive to manufacture and install those mirrors.
- Factors such as technical simplicity, low maintenance requirements, and ease of operation are highly important for successful installation of distributed solar powered desalination plant systems.
Key Drivers of Global Solar Water Desalination Plant Market
- Solar light can be considered a new energy source for desalination of water, primarily in offshore applications. Rising concerns related to climate change, carbon emissions, rapid growth of human population, and contamination of water resources lead to requirement for more amount of fresh water for both commercial and domestic usage.
- Growing environment-related concerns and rising usage of clean energy substitutes are estimated to be key factors driving the global solar water desalination plant market during the forecast period
- Government policies and initiatives favoring the installation of solar water desalination plant units are projected to provide immense opportunities to the global solar water desalination plant market during the forecast period
Request A Sample Copy Of The Report https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=74398
Restraints of Global Solar Water Desalination Plant Market
- A large amount of concentrated brine is discharged from saline water desalination plants. This brine is not only salt concentrated, but it also contains chemicals such as anti-scaling agents from pre- and post-treatment. This results in high salt concentration in the area near the brine discharge point. Thus, brine disposal is an issue that challenges all desalination technologies.
- Efficiency of solar water desalination plant systems is purely governed by preferably high rates of heat and mass transfer during evaporation and condensation. Thus, surfaces need to be properly designed within planned objectives in terms of heat transfer efficiency, economy, and reliability.
- Also, Condensation heat is valuable, as a large amount of solar energy is required to evaporate water and generate saturated, vapor-laden hot air. This amount of solar energy gets transferred to the condenser's surface during condensation. However, in most forms of solar stills, this heat of condensation is expelled from the system as waste heat.
- Solar-powered desalination plant installation is highly energy intensive and costly, which makes it economically unfeasible for large- and small-scale installations
- In October 2019, REvivED Water consortium and Trunz, in their pilot plant, conducted tests by using the combination of electro dialysis (ED), reverse electro dialysis (RED), and reverse osmosis (RO) for improving the efficiency of solar seawater desalination
- In July 2019, researchers from Rice University in the U.S. used 'inexpensive plastic lenses' to concentrate sunlight and create 'hot spots' on solar-powered desalination systems
- In April 2019, Niti Aayog announced that India’s first solar-powered desalination plant would be set up in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. Under this project, India has planned to build desalination plants along the 7800-kilometer coastline of Tamil Nadu.
- In November 2018, a symbolic foundation stone for the 5,200-m3/d desalination facility, which would located on the Red Sea coast at Yanbu, Saudi Arabia, was laid by King Salman during his visit to King Abdul-Aziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Under this project, Saudi Arabia has planned to build a solar-powered desalination plant by using the adsorption technology.
Middle East & Africa to Hold a Major Share of Global Solar Water Desalination Plant Market
- Based on region, the global solar water desalination plant market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa is likely to dominate the global market during the forecast period. High investments, especially in North Africa, as well as technological advancements are driving the market in the region.
- Moreover, favorable government initiatives in GCC and Africa have prompted leading global players to invest in these sub-regions
- The market in the Middle East is likely to witness significant growth between 2019 and 2027, as more number of oil- and gas-based economies have turned toward the desalination sector
- Leading players in Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia are also interested in using solar power as an alternative to carry out reverse-osmosis desalination, which uses electricity to pump saline water through membrane filters
Request For Covid19 Impact Analysis
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Some of the key players operating in the global solar water desalination plant market are:
- Photon Energy Systems Limited
- Solar Water Solutions Ltd
- Sterlitech Corporation
- Sinovoltaics Group
- Trunz Water Systems AG
- Elemental Water Makers B.V.
- F CUBED LIMITED
- Photon Energy Systems Ltd.
- Waaree Energies Ltd.
- Water Office
Global Solar Water Desalination Plant Market, by Membrane Process
- Solar-powered Reverse Osmosis
- Membrane Distillation
- Electro-dialysis and Electro-dialysis Reversal
Global Solar Water Desalination Plant Market, by Method
- Solar-powered Humidification-Dehumidification (HDH) Desalination
- Solar Diffusion Driven Desalination
- Solar Membrane Distillation
- Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) -based Desalination
- Solar Pond Distillation
Global Solar Water Desalination Plant Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
You May Also Like PRNewswire on
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?