A permanent residence permit in Ukraine (PRP) is a document that gives the right to live indefinitely on the territory of Ukraine and confirms the maximum list of rights that a non-resident in Ukraine can have.
PRP in Ukraine gives the following rights:
- live on the territory of Ukraine without time limits
- visit the country without limits on the number of visits
- for employment without obtaining an appropriate permit
- obtaining a visa on the territory of Ukraine for a trip abroad/
The basis for obtaining a permit is an immigration permit issued by the State Migration Service arrival to the place of permanent residence in Ukraine.
How to claim and receive the service:
- application for immigration permit – the application is made to the Migration Service of Ukraine (if the foreigner is in Ukraine) or Ukrainian Consulate of Ukraine in the country of residence of a foreigner (if the foreigner is overseas at the time of application). The timeline for obtaining an immigration permit is up to 1 year as defined by law.
- Application for visa «D» - after obtaining an immigration permit, the foreign individual has to obtain a visa type «D» in the Ukraine consulate overseas and after that, arrive in Ukraine. Within 5 working days upon arrival to Ukraine, the person has to apply for a permanent residence permit.
- Application for a PRP – the PRP will be issued within 15 business days upon application to the State Migration Service of Ukraine.
- Passport or identity card and their copies
- A copy of immigration permit
- Bank receipts for payment of all serveces
- Four photos 35*45 mm
- Copy tax ID – number (if available)
- Translation of these documents in Ukrainian.
Except paying for services one must also pay the state fee. As a rule, the application is to be submitted personally. In exceptional cases it may be sent by mail. If applicant is minor or incapable, he is represented by parents or guardians. Whose author must be confirmed by the proper documents.