The Global Ethylene Carbonate Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 476 million by 2027 at a CAGR of around 5.4%.
Ethylene Carbonate is a highly polar solvent having a high boiling point, low toxic, no odour, highly soluble for polymers. As it is highly polar solvent its permittivity is also high thus it is widely used in electrolyte solutions in lithium-ion batteries. It is produced by the reaction between ethylene oxide and carbon dioxide with a variety of cations and complexes acting as catalysts.
Ethylene Carbonate Market: Drivers & Challenges
Increasing Shift Towards the Use of Electric Vehicles
The ethylene carbonate is extensive uses as an electrolyte in lithium-ion batteries. The increasing shift towards the use of electric vehicles is owing to the benefits such as cost-effectiveness, easy maintenance, reduced fuel costs, as well as fuel-efficiency. The demand is supported by the stringent regulations set by the US Environmental Protection Agency and the EU’s environmental standards to curb CO2 emission, which is expected to fuel the demand for Li-Ion batteries. Electric car deployment has been growing rapidly over the past ten years, with the global stock of electric passenger cars passing 5 million in 2018, an increase of 63% from the previous year. Around 45% of electric cars on the road in 2018 were in China – a total of 2.3 million – compared to 39% in 2017. In comparison, Europe accounted for 24% of the global fleet, and the United States 22%. Thus, the increasing shift towards the use of electric vehicles is expected to boost the demand for Li-Ion batteries which is likely to drive the global ethylene carbonate market.
Get Sample Copy of This Report @ https://www.forencisresearch.com/ethylene-carbonate-market-sample-pdf/
Fluctuating Cost of the Raw Materials
Ethylene carbonate is produced by the reaction between ethylene oxide and carbon dioxide. It can also be produced from the reaction of urea and ethylene glycol using zinc oxide as a catalyst at a temperature high temperature and pressure. Volatility in the prices of these materials is a major factor likely to hamper the market growth during the assessment period. The price fluctuations are attributed to the mining and extraction of the raw materials, which are dependent on geological and geopolitical factors. Additionally, materials such as ethylene oxide, urea, and ethylene glycol are petroleum-based products, which add up the cost on account of the supply-demand gap of crude oil.
Ethylene Carbonate Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on application: Lithium Battery Electrolytes, Lubricants, Plasticizers, Surface Coatings, Chemical Intermediates, Fiber Processing Agents, and Others.
- Segmentation based on end-user industry: Automotive Industry, Oil & Gas Industry, Personal Care & Hygiene Industry, Industrial Sector, Medical Industry, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Ethylene Carbonate Market: Report Scope
The report on the Ethylene Carbonate market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Request Report Methodology On Competition On Global Ethylene Carbonate Market Here @ https://www.forencisresearch.com/ethylene-carbonate-market-request-methodology/
List of the leading companies operating in the Ethylene Carbonate Market include:
- BASF SE (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Huntsman International LLC
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Merck KGaA
- New Japan Chemical Co., Ltd
- Toagosei Co., Ltd
- Shandong Senjie Cleantech Co., Ltd
- PANAX ETEC
- Zibo Donghai Industries Co., Ltd
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd
- ALFA AESAR
- Other Key Companies
Ethylene Carbonate Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Ethylene Carbonate Market, by Application
- Lithium Battery Electrolytes
- Surface Coatings
- Chemical Intermediates
- Fiber Processing Agents
Ethylene Carbonate Market, by End-User Industry
- Automotive Industry
- Oil & Gas Industry
- Personal Care & Hygiene Industry
- Industrial Sector
- Medical Industry
Consult with an Analyst @ https://www.forencisresearch.com/ethylene-carbonate-market-consult-with-an-analyst/
Ethylene Carbonate Market by Region
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- North America (US, Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, Russia, France, Italy, UK, Spain, The Netherlands, Rest of Europe)
- Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Rest of Middle East & Africa)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America)
Key Questions Answered by The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
Table of Content
- RESEARCH DESIGN & SCOPE
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- MARKET DYNAMICS
- INDUSTRY TRENDS – PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- GLOBAL ETHYLENE CARBONATE MARKET BY APPLICATION, Market Size in USD Million and Volume in Tons (2019-2027)
- GLOBAL ETHYLENE CARBONATE MARKET BY END-USER INDUSTREY, Market Size in USD Million and Volume in Tons (2019-2027)
- GLOBAL ETHYLENE CARBONATE MARKET BY REGION, Market Size in USD Million and Volume in Tons (2019-2027)
- COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- COMPANY PROFILES
Purchase this Premium Industry Research Report with Analysis @ https://www.forencisresearch.com/ethylene-carbonate-market-purchase-now/
About Forencis Research
Forencis Research is a B2B market research, intelligence and advisory firm engaging in market research and consulting services across leading industries, globally. Our robust and meticulous research team provides high growth and niche syndicated reports, customized reports and consulting reports to the diverse global fortune clientele and intellectual institutions. Forencis Research database is a constantly evolving pool of reports and white paper studies which helps companies to foster accelerated revenue growth in global and regional markets. Forencis Research delivers market research and consulting reports on high growth markets to help companies dominate their competition and set themselves apart by attaining increased revenue growth. To enable exclusive insights around the target market, Forencis Research employs robust research Methodology & Design which includes data acquisition, data synthesis and data correlation, through Primary and Secondary Research. Through the obtained data, Top-down and bottom-up methods are exercised to attain and verify data sanity within the entire market. This market data is yet again correlated with Forencis Research’s internal database before presenting it in any of our final publications. These methods of data correlation and amalgamation benefit us to put forward accurate market estimates enabling our clients to transform their business, markets and most importantly their “REVENUES”.
Phone: +1 (720) 306 9020
For more market research insights, please visit https://www.forencisresearch.com