The Global Sodium Silicate Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 11.9 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 2.9%.
Sodium silicate is a colourless salt of sodium and silica. It is soluble in water and is prepared by reacting silica sand and sodium carbonate at a high temperature (1200 to 1400OC). Sodium silicate is widely used to manufacture soaps & detergents and silica gel. It is also used as cement, binder, filler, adhesives, wall coating, concrete, fireproofing material, and as a sealant in numerous applications. Moreover, sodium silicate plays a vital role in the food industry by preserving dry food products from clumping and it absorbs excess moisture from the food.
Sodium Silicate MARKET: Drivers & CHALLENGES
Increasing Demand from Various End-User Industries
Sodium silicate is also known as water glass or soluble glass. Sodium silicate is extensively used in the manufacturing of detergents. Many detergent operations are performed using liquid as well as the granular form of sodium silicate. It is a viscous compound containing sodium oxide and silica. The liquid form of sodium silicate, with the weight ratio of 2.8 to 3.3 range is widely used as an adhesive in various manufacturing applications. It sets quickly and firmly holds the flaps together, hence is used to bind items such as paper cores for paper towels and toilet tissue, corrugated board, fiber drums, paperboard laminates, and angle board. Mostly paper and pulp manufacturers prefer sodium silicate due to its low cost, non-toxic, and environmentally friendly characteristics.
There are a number of advantages associated with the sodium silicate as binders in the cement mixtures. Sodium silicate is used in various ratios for making different types of cement, including types for acid-proof construction, refractory uses, and binding thermal insulating materials. Sodium silicate-based cement is widely used for lining and laying refractory units, laying brick in sulfite digesters for chemical wood pulps, preparing foundry molds and cores, and construction of acid-proof masonry.
Moreover, sodium silicate is used for de-inking, sizing, coating, and bleaching of recycled paper products in the paper and pulp industry. In the paper and pulp industry, sodium silicate is mainly used to brighten soft and hardwood pulps. Furthermore, in the waste paper or paper recycling industry, sodium silicates aids in re-pulping and de-inking operations. Thus, increasing awareness about the saving trees and recycling paper are expected to fuel the growth of the global sodium silicate market.
Get Sample Copy of This Report @ https://www.forencisresearch.com/sodium-silicate-market-sample-pdf/
Availability of Substitutes
There is a number of chemicals used as substitutes for sodium silicate in various end-use industries, which is likely to hinder the global sodium sulfate market. For instance, soda ash is a widely used chemical to increase pH. An advantage of sodium sulfate is a relatively weak base, that using a little too much will not change the pH. Thus, it is usually used by presoaking the fabric. Another, substitute for sodium sulfate is trisodium phosphate (TSP). TSP is a more basic powder, produced by sodium carbonate. TSP set easily on cotton or silk with soda ash. TSP can be used as a cleaner if mixed with water. Sodium hydroxide is another substitute for sodium silicate that can be used in the textile industry. Thus, the availability of substitutes may hinder the growth of the market.
Sodium Silicate Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on the form: Liquid Form and Dry Form.
- Segmentation based on application: Detergents & Soaps, Pulp & Paper, Construction, Textile Industry, Water Treatment, Petroleum Industry and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Sodium Silicate Market: Report Scope
The report on the Sodium Silicate market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Request Report Methodology On Competition On Global Sodium Silicate Market Here @ https://www.forencisresearch.com/sodium-silicate-market-request-methodology/
List of the leading companies operating in the Sodium Silicate Market include:
- PQ Corporation (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- BASF SE
- Romest Silichem LLP
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Kiran Global Chem Limited.
- Tokuyama Corporation.
- Nippon Chemical Industrial CO., LTD.
- Sinchem Silica Gel Co., Ltd.
- Shijiazhuang Shuanglian Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- IQE Group
- Hawkins, Inc.
- MALPRO SILICA PRIVATE LIMITED
- ANKIT SILICATE
- Hindcon Chemicals Ltd.
- Romest Silichem LLP
- Other Key Companies
Sodium Silicate MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Sodium Silicate Market, by Form
- Liquid Form
- Dry Form
Sodium Silicate Market, by Application
- Detergents & Soaps
- Pulp & Paper
- Textile Industry
- Water Treatment
- Petroleum Industry
Consult with an Analyst @ https://www.forencisresearch.com/sodium-silicate-market-consult-with-an-analyst/
Sodium Silicate Market by Region
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- North America (US, Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, Russia, France, Italy, UK, Spain, The Netherlands, Rest of Europe)
- Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Rest of Middle East & Africa)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America)
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
Table of Content
- RESEARCH DESIGN & SCOPE
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- MARKET DYNAMICS
- INDUSTRY TRENDS – PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- GLOBAL SODIUM SILICATE MARKET BY FORM, Market Size in USD Million and Kiloton (2019-2027)
- GLOBAL SODIUM SILICATE MARKET BY APPLICATION, Market Size in USD Million and Kiloton (2019-2027)
- GLOBAL SODIUM SILICATE MARKET BY REGION, Market Size in USD Million and Kiloton (2019-2027)
- COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- COMPANY PROFILES
Purchase this Premium Industry Research Report with Analysis @ https://www.forencisresearch.com/sodium-silicate-market-purchase-now/
About Forencis Research
Forencis Research is a B2B market research, intelligence and advisory firm engaging in market research and consulting services across leading industries, globally. Our robust and meticulous research team provides high growth and niche syndicated reports, customized reports and consulting reports to the diverse global fortune clientele and intellectual institutions. Forencis Research database is a constantly evolving pool of reports and white paper studies which helps companies to foster accelerated revenue growth in global and regional markets. Forencis Research delivers market research and consulting reports on high growth markets to help companies dominate their competition and set themselves apart by attaining increased revenue growth. To enable exclusive insights around the target market, Forencis Research employs robust research Methodology & Design which includes data acquisition, data synthesis and data correlation, through Primary and Secondary Research. Through the obtained data, Top-down and bottom-up methods are exercised to attain and verify data sanity within the entire market. This market data is yet again correlated with Forencis Research’s internal database before presenting it in any of our final publications. These methods of data correlation and amalgamation benefit us to put forward accurate market estimates enabling our clients to transform their business, markets and most importantly their “REVENUES”.
Phone: +1 (720) 306 9020
For more market research insights, please visit https://www.forencisresearch.com