Fire Barrier Sealant Market: Overview
- A fire barrier sealant is a high-performance, ready-to-use, gun-grade, latex-based, intumescent sealant that dries to form a monolithic firestop seal. The seal also acts as a barrier to airborne sound. Fire barrier sealants help control the spread of fire, smoke, and noxious gases before, during, and after exposure to fire.
- Fire barrier sealants firestop blank openings and penetrations passing through fire-rated floors, floor/ceiling or wall assemblies, and other fire-rated interiors of a building. The unique intumescent property of this material allows fire barrier sealants to expand and maintain a firestop penetration seal for up to four hours from exposure of penetrants to fire. Fire barrier sealants exhibit excellent adhesion to a wide range of construction substrates and penetrants.
- Walls and floors need to be appropriately sealed to prevent the passage of fire and smoke. While sealing penetrations passing through compartment walls and floors, approved and tested products should be used so as to re-establish fire resistance of the compartment.
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Fire Barrier Sealant Market, request a Report Brochure here.
Rising Demand from Building & Construction Sector to Drive Fire Barrier Sealant Market
- Fire barrier sealants are ideal for use in sealing of single or multiple through-penetrations in fire-rated constructions. Fire barrier sealants are typically used in mechanical, electric, and plumbing applications to firestop openings created by the following penetrations in fire-rated floors, ceilings, or walls: metallic pipes, plastic pipes (excluding CPVC), conduits, power and communication cables, cable trays, bus ways, combos, insulated pipes, and HVAC ducts. Fire barrier sealants are also used to firestop blank openings and static construction joints.
- Usually unseen but always at work, passive fire protection systems are built into the structure of a building to safeguard building occupants. If properly installed, passive fire protection measures protect a building’s structure and limit the spread of fire and smoke by confining it within the building.
- Fire barrier sealants provide fire stopping and fire resistance across a building, ensuring that the building and its occupants are safer in the event of fire
- Thus, rise in building and construction activities is estimated to boost the global fire barrier sealant market in the near future.
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS –
Different Types of Fire Barrier Sealants
- Fire-barrier sealants are suitable for use in schools, hospitals, churches, high-rise office buildings, and other public-use buildings to ensure safe and orderly evacuation in the event of fire
- Fire barrier sealants are classified into the following types: acrylic, silicone, polyurethane, and others. The others segment includes hybrid sealants.
- Fire barrier sealants create firestopping systems for expansion joints and through-penetrations that, when properly installed.
Restraints of Global Fire Barrier Sealant Market
- Installation of fire barrier sealants requires skilled workforce. However, several building contractors do not specialize in the installation of fire barrier sealants. This forms a challenge that needs to be addressed by manufacturers of fire barrier sealants.
- Thus, proper training is required for specialists that install fire barrier sealants. This acts as a restraint of the global fire barrier sealant market.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold a Major Share of Global Fire Barrier Sealant Market
- Geographically, the global fire barrier sealant market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of fire barrier sealants across the world, followed by North America and Europe. However, Asia Pacific is expected to lead the global fire barrier sealant market in the near future, due to rise in the demand for fire barrier sealants in the building & construction sector in the region. Rise in construction activities in countries such as China, India, Singapore, Thailand, and Malaysia has fueled the demand for fire barrier sealants in the region.
- The fire barrier sealant market in Europe is led by Germany, France, and the U.K. The market in the region is primarily driven by increasing demand from the building & construction industry in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Global Fire Barrier Sealant Market
The global fire barrier sealant market is fragmented, with market players focusing on incorporating advanced technologies to gain higher market share. These players are offering a complete portfolio of products and focusing on different business strategies to strengthen their market position.
Key players operating in the global fire barrier sealant market include:
- 3M Company
- ROCKWOOL Limited
- H. B. Fuller
- Bostik (Arkema)
- Everbuild Building Products Ltd.
- Specified Technologies Inc.
- Trafalgar Passive Fire Protection Systems
Explore Transparency Market Research’s award-winning coverage of the global (Energy) Industry