Automotive Proximity Sensor: Introduction
- Proximity sensors are a type of motion detect sensors that recognize movement without physical input from sensing object
- Technological developments in the automotive industry, in terms of safety & security systems, hybrid vehicles, autonomous vehicles, and autonomous trains, which incorporate proximity sensors, are driving the market for automotive proximity sensors
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market
- Autonomous technologies, such as parking assist system and ADAS, incorporate various sensors, including temperature sensors, motion detectors, photon sensors, etc. These sensors are vital to autonomous systems and generate necessary data required for efficient and accurate working.
- The demand for advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) that monitor, warn, and control braking and vehicle steering automatically is expected to rise, owing to regulatory and consumer interest in safety applications that protect passengers and reduce accident fatalities. For instance, the U.S. and the EU have mandated that vehicles must be equipped with autonomous emergency-braking systems (AEB) and forward-collision warning (FCW) systems by 2020. This is driving the market for automotive proximity sensors.
Planning To Lay Down Future Strategy? Request Sample https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=73776
Capacitive Proximity Sensors Segment to Hold Major Share
- Capacitive proximity sensors are low cost, low maintenance, reliable, and possess high power consumption ratings. Moreover, capacitive proximity sensors detect both metallic and non-metallic objects, which is an advantage over inductive proximity sensors that only sense metallic objects.
- Capacitive proximity sensors are used widely in applications such as connected cars, connected homes, intelligent transportation, etc. These factors are likely to drive the segment during the forecasted period.
Automotive End-use Industry Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Connected vehicles and autonomous vehicles are key developments in the automotive industry. Economic developments increase per capita income of consumers, thereby increasing their standard of living. Increase in demand for luxury and comfort vehicles can be attributed to the rise in per capita income, which is another factor fueling the demand for autonomous vehicles. Vehicles incorporating AEB, ADAS, FCW, and PAS systems are driving the market for automotive proximity sensors.
- Technological advancements in countries like Japan, China and India have increased domestic production of smartphones. This, in turn, made them cheaper. Technologies, such as GPS, cameras, and displays, which use proximity sensors for motion detection, and location sensing in smartphones, have also become cheaper. These factors are projected to propel the growth of the global automotive proximity sensor market during the forecasted period.
Curious? Request To Access Market Data Automotive Proximity Sensor Market
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market
The global automotive proximity sensor market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. Some of the key players operating in the global automotive proximity sensor market are:
- Ormon Corporation
- Balluff GmbH
- Altech Corporation
- Semtech Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- NXP Semiconductors
- Sick Ag
- Delta Electronics Inc.
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH
- Honeywell International Inc.,
- Sensata Technologies
- Infineon Technologies AG
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research –
Advanced Packaging Technology Market https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/05/16/1826296/0/en/Advanced-Packaging-Technology-Market-to-Grow-at-a-CAGR-of-7-5-till-2026-Rising-Attention-from-the-Brand-Owners-As-Well-As-Consumers-to-Drive-Demand-TMR.html