Artificial Iris market: Therapeutic Option for Aniridia and Other Eye Conditions
- Artificial iris is a prosthetic iris (the colored part of the eye around the pupil) made of thin, foldable medical-grade silicone
- The device is custom-made and can be sized and colored for each individual patient as per his/her requirement. Artificial iris can be used to treat congenital (genetic disorder in which the iris is completely or partially absent) and traumatic aniridia.
- It can also be used to treat iris defects caused due to other reasons or conditions such as albinism or surgical removal due to melanoma
- High adoption of artificial iris implant is because it is a minimally invasive procedure, wherein the iris can be implanted with very small incision or surgical injector
- The artificial iris itself does not cure or treat the condition, but helps to improve the condition and quality of life. Artificial iris also improves cosmetic appearance of the eye and visual symptoms.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Artificial Iris Market
- Increase in incidence rate of eye defects such as congenital aniridia, cosmetic issues, and traumatic iris loss is the major factor boosting the growth of the global artificial iris market
- An article published by NCBI stated that aniridia is detected in around 1.8/100,000 live births each year and the incidence ranges from 1:40,000 to 1:100,000 globally
- Rise in number of clinical trials aimed at development of advanced products for treatment of various eye defects is the major factor propelling the global artificial iris market
- Moreover, recent regulatory approval for artificial iris implant and growing concerns about improvement of cosmetic appearance of the eye are the other drivers of the global artificial iris market
Regulatory Restrictions for Use of Artificial Iris Implants to Hamper Market Growth
- Artificial iris is still a new concept and approved in limited countries for use due to regulatory restrictions for its application. This factor is projected to restrain the global artificial iris market.
- Side effects associated with implant procedure also hampers the growth of the global artificial iris market
Fiber Free Segment Accounted for Major Market Share
- Based on material, the global artificial iris market can be bifurcated into fiber and fiber free
- The fiber free segment dominated the global artificial iris market in 2018 owing to its feasibility for suture-less implant techniques
- The fiber segment is expected to expand at a higher CAGR during the forecast period due to the property of fiber to provide adequate tear strength to withstand suturing because of a polyester meshwork layer embedded to it.
Adult Segment Dominated Global Market
- In terms of age group, the global artificial iris market can be divided into adult and pediatric
- The adult segment accounted for major market share in 2018. The trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period owing to large adult population suffering from various eye defects and increase in geriatric population, which is more prone to eye disorders.
Blue to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on color, the global artificial iris market can be classified into blue, brown, and others
- The blue segment dominated the global market in 2018 due to higher preference for this color of iris among people who undergo cosmetic surgery. It is expected to be a highly promising segment during the forecast period owing to rise in cosmetic procedures across the world.
Request For Custom Research @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=76295