A Complete Guide about Fiber Internet
The Fiber Optics internet refers to the broadband connection or the fiber optic technology is the form of fiber optic communication. This form of internet is known by virtue of its incredible speed. The speed is the fastest one in the communication technology, moving at the speed of 10000 Megabits per second Mbps. Fiber-Optic internet is now considered to be the best one in comparison to the traditional internet communication. Known for its outstanding speed, this connection is also famous for having minimal outages or communication problems occurring mostly in the traditional communication means of the internet.
Benefits of Fiber-Optics
Owing to its astonishing speed, fiber-optic internet has several advantages for the internet users. Some of the advantages are given below:
● Fiber-optic internet can download files easily. The internet user will never face any hindrance or glitches while using Fiber-optic internet.
● A gamer will always want a high speed internet that does not create problems during playing games. Fiber-optichttps://www.ixica.com/business-fibre is an ideal sort of communication for the gamers as well. As they can enjoy games without any kind of impediment in the network.
● Also, Fiber-Optic internet can download movies within seconds.
How does Fiber-Optic internet work?
This complicated technology of communication allows to transmit information in the form of light. The two components i.e optical fibers and last miles play vital roles in it.
The fiber optic cables a.k.a Optical fibers are used to carry the light in the transmission process. The fibre Optic cables are coated with plastic layers and have tubes in it for the area where the cable is deployed.
Types of Fiber-Optic Cables
The most common types of Fiber-Optic cables are two in numbers. They are known as single mode fiber-optic cable and Multimode fiber-optic cable.
● Single Mode Fiber-optic cable as its name suggests is the single stand mode of transmission. This cable has a glass fiber single strand transmission network. This type of cable has narrow diameter comparison to other cables. Single modem fiber is used in many applications where data is sent at Multi-frequency cable transmission.
● Multi-mode Cable has a bigger diameter with the range of 50 to 100 micron range. This cable is plastic based and is similar to glass single mode cable in terms of speed and lower cost.
Conclusively, Fiber optic internet is the broadband transmission network. Its attributes entail high speed transmission having large capacity carrying bandwidth, covering large distances of networks and cost effective in maintenance.