The large volume of online data generated is crucial for an enterprise serving their long-term goals. Hence, the need for protection of these data are is important to their companies. Virtual machine backup and recovery market is an advanced technology for safeguarding the loss of data. In this, a digital data that is generated is copied and stored in a virtual server. In case of virtual machine used for backup and restoration, there is no broad line difference with traditional backup products. Virtual backups are installed using conventional backup software. However, for each virtual machine that requires backups, a backup software licensing is needed. Virtual machine backup and restoration offers another benefits of the availability of backup window for 24/7. This advantage over physical backups is making virtual server backup highly popular among enterprises. Market Research Future (MRFR), a fast-growing market research firm, states in its recently published report that the global virtual machine backup and recovery market is expected to register a 7.5% CAGR during the forecast period (2018-2025), and value at USD 2.21 billion by 2025. It is due to digitalization and adoption of modern technologies that are the digital data generation is high and are pressing the need for virtual data protection. Hence, the future of virtual machine backup and recovery market appears promising.
Future of Virtual Machine Backup and Recovery Appears Promising
After 30 years of the advent of virtualization technology, over the last decade, virtual machine backup and recovery technologies are experiencing a large-scale adoption. Alongside, tech-giants are expanding their product portfolio by developing multicore processors and high memory space solutions. Over past years, workload of enterprises across the globe have increased exponentially. Hence, the surge in data generation demanding effective and seamless technique for data protection is likely to create numerous growth opportunities for the virtual machine backup and recovery market. With rapid industrialization and expansion of the urban population base, the availability of physical space for traditional servers to is decreasing. This is leading to the growing demand for virtual alternatives, as IT companies cut down their investment on inventories. It is another cause that indicate a bright future of the virtual machine backup and recovery market. In present times, virtualization has transformed the IT environment and enhanced the number of options that are made available to the backup industry. Modern technologies, such as cloud analytics and blockchain technology, are providing additional security for the operation of virtualized data storage. Hence, the growth of the virtual machine backup and recovery market is expected to be high.
In recent times, virtual machine backup systems are being widely availed across different regions. It is generating numerous scopes for employment in the IT sector today. The rapid paced expansion of the IT industry and increase in number of data centers are expected to accelerate the growth of the global virtual machine backup and recovery market. Amidst, such a flourishing scenario of VM backup and security, some of its loopholes can deter the market expansion. To illustrate, licensing cost is an additional expense. Resource and VM portability constraints can also hinder the expansion of the market. VM backup and restoration solutions introduces an additional layer for storage of data. In this case, data is activated in storage layers, the operating system, the hypervisor, and the application. The synchronization between them is crucial for effective virtual backup. This demands for additional attention, when failed can cause storage problems. Although, VMware are affordable and fast, they can often exhibit problems associated with tractability. However, VMware is proving to be beneficial across different verticals, which is expected to contribute significantly to the expansion of the market.
Points to Consider Before Opting for Data Backup and Recovery
- Do not rely on VM snapshots only. Snapshots may not be able to recover applications properly. Thus, snapshots must not be taken as a replacement for full backups.
- Cloud services can optimize disaster recovery plans. It is the most ideal location to store backups and is easily recoverable if in case of a disaster occurs at your primary processing site.
- Backing up applications is pivotal. Do not rely on the recovery of the virtual machine only. It is essential that data is written to a disk, and the applications are recovered, not just the machines.
- Decisions regarding time and storage of the backup process should be maned after analyzing its impact on the business. It should be able to minimize application downtime.
- Periodic tests should be conducted to ensure that the recovery process is documented and up to date. Tests should be run to make sure that the data can be recovered from the backup.
- Encrypt the backup data. The information that is being stored as backup can be sensitive and private to the organization. Hence, it is very crucial that nobody gets their hands on the unencrypted backup.
- Backup the backup on a secondary location. Having a copy of backup in a different physical location or in the cloud assures that at times of disaster the organization will not be left empty-handed.
Virtualization of systems is a common practice in today’s world. Organizations are investing in the latest technologies that ensure higher productivity and cost-cutting. The advent of virtual machines has intensified the demand for backup and recovery solutions. Also, the cloud solutions for backup and recovery has gained momentum. These factors ensure that the virtual machine backup and restore market is set to remain lucrative in the nearby future.
Virtual Machine Backup and Recovery Market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 7.5% during the…
About Market Research Future:
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Reports (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research and Consulting Services.
Market Research Future
+1 646 845 9312