What is PHP?
PHP online training is a server side scripting language. that is used to develop Static websites or Dynamic websites or Web applications. PHP stands for Hypertext Pre-processor, that earlier stood for Personal Home Pages.
PHP scripts can only be interpreted on a server that has PHP installed.
The client computers accessing the PHP scripts
Why use PHP?
You have obviously heard of a number of programming languages out there; you may be wondering why we would want to use PHP online training as our poison for the web programming. Below are some of the compelling reasons.
- PHP is open source and free.
- Short learning curve compared to other languages such as JSP, ASP etc.
- Large community document
- Most web hosting servers support PHP by default unlike other languages such as ASP that need IIS. This makes PHP a cost effective choice.
- PHP is regular updated to keep abreast with the latest technology trends.
- Other benefit that you get with PHP is that it’s a server side scripting language; this means you only need to install it on the server and client computers requesting for resources from the server do not need to have PHP installed; only a web browser would be enough.
- PHP has in built support for working hand in hand with MySQL; this doesn’t mean you can’t use PHP with other database management systems. You can still use PHP with
- MS SQL Server
- ODBC etc.
- PHP online training is cross platform; this means you can deploy your application on a number of different operating systems such as windows, Linux, Mac OS etc.