The global dental cement market size is expected to reach USD 2.3 billion by the end of 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., growing at CAGR of 6.3%. Increasing incidence of dental cavities & other dental diseases and introduction of new formulations are major drivers of the market.
Unhealthy eating & drinking habits, plaque formation, poor oral hygiene, fluoride deficiency, and disorders such as heartburn & dry mouth are some of the major predisposing factors. These factors have resulted in an increase in the number of dental procedures. For instance, according to an article published by PubMed, individuals who consume one sugary drink occasionally are at an increased risk of dental caries and tooth loss by nearly 44% as compared to ones who do not consume any.
Moreover, advancements in these cements and material technology have led to introduction of more durable and stronger cements, fueling growth. For instance, resin-modified ionomer cement demonstrated improved adhesion, higher tensile strength, and reduced post-cementation sensitivity when compared to conventional glass ionomer.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary: Dental Cement Market Report
Dental Cement Market Report Highlights
- Resin-based segment is anticipated to grow considerably over the forecast period, due to increasing popularity of self-adhesive resin cements that have wide range of.
- Rising adoption of cosmetic dental procedures has resulted in increased demand for tooth colored restorations by patients, thus indirectly boosting market demand for resin cement.
- Relatively high disposable income in developed economies is one of the major reasons for the growing demand for cosmetic dental procedures
- Glass ionomer held a substantial market share in 2018. This can be attributed to the fluoride release and recharging abilities of this cement, aiding prevention of dental caries
- The permanent segment is expected to lead in the coming years owing to features such as better aesthetics, excellent resistance, good compatibility with dental tissues, and insolubility in oral fluids or saliva
- Restoration segment is anticipated to grow substantially in the future due to the growing number of ceramic restorations procedures
- North America held a dominant share of the dental cement market due to well-established medical facilities, presence of skilled professionals, and extensive research activities
- Some of the key players are 3M Company; Ivoclar Vivadent AG; Dentsply Sirona; Danaher Corporation; SHOFU Dental GmbH; BISCO, Inc.; and Medental International, Inc.
Dental Cement Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global dental cement market based on material, type, application, and region:
Dental Cement Material Type (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Zinc-oxide eugenol
- Zinc phosphate
- Glass ionomer
- Resin based
Dental Cement Type (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
Dental Cement Application (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Pulpal protection
- Surgical dressing
Dental Cement Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.