The North America baby food market size is expected to be valued at USD 7.49 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 6.0% over the forecast period. Augmented demand for organic and gluten-free food is likely to drive the market over the forecast period.
The baby food market in North America is rapidly gaining momentum on account of rising birth rate and population of working women. Rising consumption of baby food on account of its high nutritional content is likely to augment the market demand over the forecast period. Emphasis on organic ingredients in baby food manufacturing process is one of the major reasons for growth in demand.
Milk formula is the largest baby product segment in 2016 and is expected to witness a substantial CAGR over the forecast period. However, prepared baby food is anticipated to register fastest CAGR of 7.0% over the analysis period from 2017 to 2025.
Technological advancements in packaging and processing in U.S. baby food sector are anticipated to further drive the market over the forecast period. Busy lifestyles of consumers along with growth in the population of working women are other factors projected to fuel demand for organic baby foods over the forecast period.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- U.S. was the dominant regional segment in the North America baby food market in 2016
- Milk formula is anticipated to dominate overall market in terms of value while prepared baby food is anticipated to register fastest CAGR over the analysis period
- By distribution channel, supermarkets held the largest market share of 80.7% in 2016. The online sales channels segment, on the other hand, is anticipated to witness the fastest CAGR over the forecast period
- Key market players are include Nestle SA, Mead Johnson & Company, LLC, Hain Celestial Group, and Abbott Nutrition
- Companies are consistently involved in developing products to strengthen their market position. For instance, in 2016, Abbott Laboratories launched a new line of nutritious snack bars for kids under the brand called Curate. This non-Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) snack is gluten-free and also free from artificial preservatives, flavors, and colors.
Grand View Research has segmented the North America baby food market on the basis of product, distribution channel, and country:
North America Baby Food Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Milk Formula
- Dried Food
North America Baby Food Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Online Channels
North America Baby Food Country Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.