The global surgical lights market size is expected to reach USD 2.2 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.6% during the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for latest technologies to provide patients the best possible care coupled with rising number of surgical procedures around the globe is expected to fuel the growth.
Surgical lights are mainly used in Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) and hospitals. They are used by surgeons, clinicians, and proceduralists for optimal visualization during a medical procedure. The lights can also be used in emergency rooms, labor and delivery, and examination rooms. A rise in the number of surgeries due to the high prevalence of cardiovascular diseases, neurological disorders, and accidents and trauma cases is anticipated to drive the demand for surgical lights in the forthcoming years. According to a 2016 report of the World Health Organization (WHO), the number of surgeries increased by ~40% from 2004 to 2012.
North America and Europe have led the surgical light market in terms of both the revenue and volume share, owing to the availability of a large number of advanced and progressive healthcare facilities and growing number of ambulatory surgery centers in the regions. In Asia Pacific, the adoption of surgical lights is rising at a significant rate, due to increasing number of well-equipped healthcare facilities in the region.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary: Surgical Light Market Report
Surgical Light Market Report Highlights
- Hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers prefer LED surgical lights due to advantages over halogen lights, such as energy-efficiency, less energy consumption, and longer shelf life
- Government initiatives for promoting the adoption of energy-efficient surgical lamps in hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers along with increasing R&D efforts for advancements in surgical lights is driving the market
- North America dominated the market with the largest revenue share of 38.7% in 2018. This is due to the increasing number of ambulatory surgical centers for outpatient surgical procedures and growing trend for hybrid operating rooms in U.S.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest CAGR of 6.4% over the forecast period. Improvement of healthcare infrastructure is attributed to the increasing demand for surgical devices, equipment, and accessories
- Few of the surgical lights market players are STERIS plc; A-dec Inc.; BihlerMED; CV Medical; SKYTRON; Herbert Waldmann GmbH & Co. KG; Getinge AB; Hill-Rom Services; S.I.M.E.O.N. Medical GmbH & Co. KG; and Integra LifeSciences Corporation
Surgical Light Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global surgical light market based on product technology, application, end use, and region:
Surgical Lights Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- LED Lights
- Halogen Lights
Surgical Lights Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Cardiac Surgery
- Gynecological Surgery
- ENT Surgery
Surgical Lights End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Hospital Operating Rooms
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Surgical Lights Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.