June 04, 2020: The global downstream processing market size is expected to reach USD 49.9 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 13.1%, according to a new report by Radiant Insights, Inc. The growing demand for advanced technologies in the purification of recombinant proteins produced by animal cell cultures to create high-value products of modern biotechnology propels market growth.
The downstream processing technology is being increasingly used in both laboratory and industrial-scale bioprocessing applications owing to a growing demand for biologics, which is anticipated to boost industry growth. In addition, the advantages offered by the use of single-use bioprocessing equipment are also expected to drive the growth of the market.
According to a recent study conducted by GE Healthcare, the application of single-use bioprocessing equipment reduced nearly 55% of the total impact across five impact categories. These categories included natural resources, ecosystem quality, climate change, human health, and freshwater withdrawal. This study was associated with the development of monoclonal antibodies.
Request a Free Sample Copy of this Report @ https://www.radiantinsights.com/research/downstream-processing-market/request-sample
The growth of the market is considerably restrained by high cost of the procedure and a lack of skilled professionals. The industry players are keen on adopting outsourcing activities and contract manufacturing organizations are helping pharma manufacturers to optimize their downstream processing workflow and minimize their initial capital investment costs. The industry players are also increasing their R&D investments to expand their product pipeline and strengthen their position in the market.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
• Biopharmaceuticals is a major growth prospect and many healthcare entities have estimated that the innovation in bioprocessing will fuel the advancement of this sector and drive the expansion of the market
• Frequent usage of chromatography systems in the downstream process to achieve the highest level of purity of the end product is attributive to the largest share of the chromatography product segment in 2019
• Filters are expected to witness an attractive growth owing to its benefits of reduction in operating costs and an increase in adoption of membrane filters
• Purification by chromatography is the highest revenue-generating technique segment in 2019 and is anticipated to remain so throughout the forecast period
• Antibiotic production has demonstrated huge demand over the past few years owing to its proven effectiveness in treating various diseases
• Moreover, the increasing incidence of antibiotic resistance has boosted the development of new antibiotic products at an industrial scale
• Rigorous research towards therapeutic applications of monoclonal antibodies boosts the growth of the antibodies production segment
• Some of the key players operating in downstream processing market are GE Healthcare; Merck KGaA; Sartorius Stedim Biotech S.A.; Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.; and Danaher Corporation
• Other prominent players include Repligen, 3M Company, Eppendorf AG, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Corning Corporation, Lonza Group Ltd, Dover Corporation, Ferner PLC, and Ashai Kasei.
Download Full Research Report @ https://www.radiantinsights.com/research/downstream-processing-market
About Radiant Insights:
At Radiant Insights, we work with the aim to reach the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Our representatives strive to understand diverse client requirements and cater to the same with the most innovative and functional solutions.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Radiant Insights, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-928-9744