Zeolites Market in Numbers:
- The zeolites market registered a CAGR of ~2% during the period 2014 to 2018. Sluggish growth of the zeolites market was attributed to declining crude oil production that hampered the market growth. However, potential of zeolite membranes to separate CO2 from natural gas, favored growth of the market.
- The global zeolites market was valued at ~US$ 10.6 Bn in 2018, and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 3% through 2029. Gains are attributed to the growing demand of zeolites as catalysts, ion exchangers, and molecular sieves across various end-use industries.
Read Report Overview:
- Europe is expected to remain the leading market for the zeolites. Growing consumption of bioenergy and biofuel has led to the rise in demand for fodder crops that require large amounts of fertilizers, consequently driving the demand for zeolites.
- Growing demand for customized zeolites that cater to the needs of the specific applications is among the fast-growing trends, which has bolstered innovations in the market. Another aspect shaping the zeolites market is the increasing demand from the agricultural industry.
Zeolites Market: Competitive Analysis
According to Fact.MR’s recent publication, the zeolites market remains moderately consolidated in nature, with ~40% shares held by leading companies in 2018. Key companies are focused on technology advances and optimizing operations to remain ahead of the curve. While leading companies adhere to vertical integration, mid-level competitors are concentrating efforts towards product portfolio expansion and enhancing customer base, while emerging players emphasize brand recognition.
The frontrunners in the zeolites market continue to focus on new product developments, to come up with solutions built on next-gen zeolite technologies. These players are also making profuse investments in capacity expansions, and upgrading their manufacturing techniques. Clariant AG and BASF SE are among the key companies incorporating these strategies.
Increasing utilization of zeolite across untapped applications, including energy & power and healthcare, is likely to create opportunities for the market players. Zeolites manufacturers are therefore focusing bespoke offerings that suit the distinct requirements of end-users. Global rise in spending on the construction industry is likely to pave opportunities for the zeolites manufacturers. While the zeolites market is characterized by long-term manufacturer-supplier relationships, companies are engaging in acquisition and collaboration strategies in an attempt to expand their customer base.
Get the Discount on the Report:
Key Growth Determinants of the Zeolites Market
- Demand for zeolites continues to grow among detergent manufacturers, driven by stringent regulations on the use of phosphate-based detergents. The environmental concerns related to phosphates, owing to discharge through wastewater have led the shift toward adoption of zeolites in detergents.
- Proliferation in the production of petroleum in recent years has created opportunities for the zeolites manufacturers, in light of the chemical’s use for separation of mixtures, such as the olefins and paraffin hydrocarbons.
- Zeolite’s antimicrobial applications are expected to remain key influencers of growth, as the demand for silver zeolites grows significantly among end users. Studies suggest that zeolite formulations could be blended with several materials used in manufacturing medical devices, textiles, and household items, where antimicrobial property is an essential requirement.