Medical Grade Lubricants Market: Introduction
- Medical grade lubricants lengthen the operating temperature range of medical devices; reduce unwanted noise; control the motion; and improve touch-sensitivity and user perception. Medical grade lubricants are critical design sub-components that add value to, or enable, breakthrough medical technology.
- Medical grade lubricants are generally used in medical equipment to smoothen the operation; eliminate noise; and reduce the impact of environmental factors (for example, by sealing gaps and orifices); and provide appropriate viscous drag on parts while moving. Medical grade lubricants provide stress resistance and minimize free-motion issues such as backlash, stick-slip, and coasting. Medical grade lubricants with appropriate rheological characteristics can be selected or formulations can be tailored to the requirements of the application.
- Nye Lubricants, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of synthetic lubricants. It offers NyeMed, which has various important physical characteristics such as controlled flow properties, low oil separation, and good compatibility with plastics.
Types of Medical Grade Lubricants
- In terms of type, the medical grade lubricants market outlook can be classified into silicone, synthetic hydrocarbon, ester, and perfluoropolyether
- The most commonly used medical grade lubricants are silicone fluids, or silicone oils, which have little interactivity with the device substrate or surface. Silicone fluids can also be easily removed or wiped from the substrate. Silicone fluids are available in a wide range of viscosities and chemical makeup. Silicone fluids are compatible with the most commonly used sterilization techniques.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Growth of Flooring Sector to Drive Global Medical Grade Lubricants Market
Applications of Medical Grade Lubricants
- Based on application, the global medical grade lubricants market has been segmented into medical devices (including laser treatment systems, blood glucometers), dental equipment, and disposable and reusable devices. When medical grade lubricants are applied between two solid materials, such as transparent plastics and glasses, they minimize internal reflection of light, thereby optimizing light transmission.
- For high-speed and high-precision bearings used in dental hand piece equipment, Nye offers DHL 600. This NSF-H1-registered oil, tested to 150°C, is specified by OEMs and sold under private labeling to dental practitioners.
Restraints of Global Medical Grade Lubricants Market
- Use of medical grade lubricants should be avoided in otoscopes, as the ear is a dry membrane and it should never be penetrated. Using medical grade lubricants in otoscopes can cause damage to the eardrum.
- Devices used for puncturing the skin for the purpose of venous access should never be accompanied by medical grade lubricants. Medical grade lubricants are used to make the procedure more comfortable and establish a route to make the needle cause as little friction or discomfort as possible. Medical grade lubricants are not intended to enter the circulatory system and hence, they should not be used for the purpose of venous access. All these factors are likely to hamper the global medical grade lubricants market during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Medical Grade Lubricants Market
- In terms of region, the global medical grade lubricants market outlook can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global medical grade lubricants market during the forecast period, due to presence of a large number of medical device manufacturers
- Growing prevalence of chronic diseases, increasing adoption of technologically advanced medical devices, increasing GDP, and strong presence of leading vendors in North America is boosting the medical devices industry in the region. This, in turn, is expected to fuel the medical grade lubricants market in North America during the forecast period.
- The medical grade lubricants market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand rapidly during the forecast period, due to increasing per capita income, growing elderly population, rising disease awareness, and improving health care infrastructure in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global medical grade lubricants market is fragmented, with market players focusing on incorporating advanced technologies to gain higher market share. Online portals are used by various companies as a mode for selling their products. These players offer a complete portfolio of products and focus on different business strategies to strengthen their market position.
Key players operating in the global medical grade lubricants market include:
- Accurate Lubricants & Metalworking Fluids, Inc.
- Nye Lubricants, Inc.
- Benz Oil Inc.
- Certol International LLC.
- Miller-Stephenson, Inc.
Explore Transparency Market Research’s award-winning coverage of the global Chemicals and Materials Industry: https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/10/09/1927343/0/en/Global-Specialty-Carbon-Black-Market-is-set-to-Achieve-Stellar-Growth-Exhibiting-4-5-CAGR-Noted-TMR.html
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS -https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=76453