Silicon Tetrafluoride Market: Overview
- Silicon tetrafluoride, also known as tetrafluorosilane, is a colorless, poisonous acid gas that has strong odor. It is produced from aqueous solution of hexafluorosilicic acid.
- Silicon tetrafluoride is widely used to seal water out of oil wells and in the production of silicon and fluosilicic acid, due to its excellent physical properties such as strong odor and colorless nature
- Silicon tetrafluoride is used in various industrial applications; however, it is largely employed as an accelerator material in the silicone rubber industry. Rise in the demand for silicone rubber products worldwide is expected to drive the global silicon tetrafluoride market during the forecast period.
Key Drivers of Global Silicon Tetrafluoride Market
- Silicon tetrafluoride (SiF4) is primarily used in the semiconductor industry for ion implantation and, in conjunction with silane, for plasma deposition of fluorinated silica. Sometimes, it is used as a silicon etch rate moderator in plasma etching. This factor is expected to drive the global silicon tetrafluoride market SWOT Analysisduring the forecast period.
- Silicon tetrafluoride is a source of fluorine, due to which it is used in surface treatment of metals, hardening agents, corrosion inhibitors, polishing agents, rust inhibitors, and water repellants
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Chemical Intermediate Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- The chemical intermediate segment is estimated to hold a significant share of the global silicon tetrafluoride market SWOT Analysis, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period, owing to high demand for silicon tetrafluoride in the manufacture of various specialty chemicals. Silicone tetrafluoride is utilized as a raw material to manufacture silicon and fluorosilicic acid, which are used in metal surface treatment and for pH adjustment in industrial textile processing or laundries.
- High-purity silicon tetrafluoride is also employed in the manufacture of optic cable preforms, which are used in the production of optic cables. The constantly increasing demand for optic cables is likely to boost the global demand for optic cable preforms. This, in turn, is estimated to drive the global silicon tetrafluoride market during the forecast period.
Hazardous Effects Associated with Silicon Tetrafluoride to Hamper Market
- The global silicon tetrafluoride market is primarily hampered by the hazardous nature of silicon tetrafluoride. Silicon tetrafluoride is a corrosive chemical and it severely affects the human breathing system. On contact, it can severely irritate and burn the eyes, the skin, the nose, and the throat.
- Silicon tetrafluoride is on the Hazardous Substance List of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), due to its corrosive and reactive nature. Thus, adverse health effects associated with silicon tetrafluoride are likely to restrain the global market during the forecast period.
- Estimating the demand for silicon tetrafluoride is a major challenge, due to economic slowdown in various regions across the globe. North America and Europe have still not recovered completely from the economic crisis. This has negatively affected the demand for silicon tetrafluoride in major end-use industries in these regions.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Silicon Tetrafluoride Market
- In terms of geography, the global silicon tetrafluoride can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for a major share of the global market during the forecast period, owing to presence of numerous rubber and chemical companies in the region. China is expected to hold a prominent market share from 2020 to 2030, due to presence of several chemical industries in the country.
- The market in North America is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increase in the production of silicone rubber products in the region
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Silicon Tetrafluoride Market:
The global silicon tetrafluoride market is highly concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 35%–40% of the market share. A few key players operating in the global market are:
- Gruppo SIAD
- Merck KGaA
- Hemlock Semiconductor
- Evonik Industries AG
- Hubei Jingxing, Air Products
- GRINM Electro-optic
- Inner Mongolia Dakang
- Tianjin Maotong
- China Silicon Corporation
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS -https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=77161
Explore Transparency Market Research’s award-winning coverage of the global Chemicals and Materials Industry:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-paints--coatings-fillers-market-volume-to-reach-25-465-kilo-tons-by-2027-transparency-market-research-301007303.html