According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on digital dose inhalers for the historical period of 2017‒2018 and forecast period of 2019‒2027, the rising demand for digital dose inhalers, due to the increasing geriatric population, rising prevalence of respiratory diseases such as asthma and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary) across the globe, and technological advancements are expected to boost the global digital dose inhalers market during the forecast period.
Globally, in terms of revenue, the digital dose inhalers market is estimated to reach a value of ~ US$ 2 Bn by the end of 2019. The digital dose inhalers market is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~ 10%, in terms of value, during the forecast period.
Technological Advancements: A Key Driver
- The global digital dose inhalers market is expanding at a relatively high growth rate, owing to increasing patient population, adoption of novel technologies due to increasing requirement and prevalence of pulmonary diseases, and rise in research and development in both, developed and developing markets.
- Digital dose inhalers possess advanced features that detect inhaler use and also transmit required data. These inhalers contain sensors that record when the medication is being administered. They are Bluetooth-enabled, and can therefore be paired wirelessly with a tablet, smartphone, or computer in order to enable transfer of data from the digital dose inhaler, automatically.
- According to a study by the European Respiratory Society, numerous digital technologies have been developed to address the need for optimized adherence to maintenance medication in patients with respiratory diseases. Strategies employed include approaches to monitoring and improving adherence (such as electronic inhalers, text messaging, and reminders) and self-management tools (such as web-based and mobile applications) to record symptoms and monitor lung function.
- Electronic health records (EHRs) and electronic medical records (EMRs) are an advantage of modern health information technology, and these EHRs and EMRs are a part of digital dose inhalers. EHRs are connected to software applications (apps) running on the web, local Intranets, or mobile devices. These apps give new life to the data entered into EHRs and other health IT platforms by providing the ability to visualize risks, trends, and trajectories; mash up clinical records with external data sources; and deliver decision support to clinicians and respiratory diseases patients during and between encounters. This helps create better patient adherence. It also helps maintain patients’ medication regimes, and provide timely and appropriate support from professionals.
- Thus, technological advancements in inhalers, monitoring, and management of respiratory diseases are boosting the global digital dose inhalers market.
Get Sample with Latest Research @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=18881
Increasing Exposure to Air Pollution and Tobacco Smoking Drives the Global Digital Dose Inhalers Market
- Increasing exposure to air pollution and tobacco smoking is a major trend in the digital dose inhalers market. COPD patients undergo breathing difficulties if exposed to smoking. According to WHO, the primary cause of COPD is exposure to tobacco smoke (either active smoking or second-hand smoke).
- According to the American Lung Association, in 2017, an estimated 34.3 million, or 14% of adults 18 years of age and older, were current cigarette smokers. Smoking is directly responsible for approximately 90% of lung cancer deaths and approximately 80% deaths caused by chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
- The number of COPD and asthma patients is rising, and this increasing number of patients suffering from respiratory disorders requires inhalers as the first line of treatment.
Lack of Awareness about Proper Inhalation Skills and Technique Restrains the Global Digital Dose Inhalers Market
- Patient education is crucial to commence effective inhaler use, while ongoing, recurrent evaluation and education of skills related to inhaler use are vital for sustaining advanced and appropriate technique and inhaler selection. According to a study by Dove Press Ltd., inadequate health literacy has been related to worsened inhaler technique and knowledge of disease, but not difficulty at learning or retaining of instructions.
- Management of chronic airway disease is 10% medication and 90% education. Failure of patients to effectively use inhaler devices can be largely ascribed to deficiencies in clinicians’ knowledge of inhaler techniques.
- Furthermore, According to NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), several primary care, specialty physicians, and nurses lack the knowledge, awareness, and training required to instruct patients about the proper usage of inhalers. This is another factor restraining the digital dose inhalers market.
Global Digital Dose Inhalers Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of the manufacturers operating in the global digital dose inhalers market have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies.
Key players operating in the global digital dose inhalers market include
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Sensirion AG Switzerland
H&T Presspart Manufacturing Ltd.
Global Digital Dose Inhalers Market: Key Developments
Key manufacturers in the digital dose inhalers market are strengthening their position in the market through increasing approvals from government bodies, strong sales and distribution network, increasing number of technological advancements, rising acquisitions and mergers, and increasing research and development activities. Key developments in the digital dose inhalers market are as follows:
- In 2017, Propeller Health, a leading provider of digital health solutions for respiratory diseases, and Novartis Pharma AG, announced a collaboration to develop a custom add-on sensor for the Breezhaler inhaler, a device used for the treatment of COPD (Ultibro Breezhaler, Onbrez Breezhaler, and Seebri Breezhaler). This move connected these medications to Propeller’s digital health platform.
- In December 2018, AstraZeneca received approval from the European Commission (EC) for Bevespi Aerosphere, which is used in a pressurized metered-dose inhaler (pMDI) indicated as maintenance dual bronchodilator treatment in adult patients with COPD. This approval enabled the company to add a technologically-advanced product to its existing product offerings for patients in Europe.
- In May 2016, Glenmark launched Digihaler, an electronic inhaler for asthma patients. This inhaler provides an accurate digital dose counter, along with a low-dose-warning indicator to enable asthma and COPD patients keep a track of their daily doses.
In the global digital dose inhalers market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of the manufacturers of digital dose inhalers. The ‘Competitive Landscape’ section is included in the digital dose inhalers market report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of the key players operating in the global digital dose inhalers market.