Global Trichloroethylene and Perchloroethylene Market: Key Highlights
- In terms of value, the global trichloroethylene and perchloroethylene market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~1% from 2019 to 2027, and reach ~US$ 550 Mn by the end of the forecast period.
- C2-chlorinated solvents such as trichloroethylene and perchloroethylene have major commercial significance. However, the consumption of these solvents has been negatively impacted by a decline in emissive applications as a result of regulations related to the 1987 Montreal Protocol on ozone-depleting chemicals, and the 1997 Kyoto Protocol on global warming and climate change.
- The regulatory framework in China and India to restrict the usage or phase-down of trichloroethylene and perchloroethylene, due to their high toxic profile and environmental hazards, is not stringent, unlike that in Europe and North America. Domestic consumption of trichloroethylene and perchloroethylene in China and India is projected to mark a positive growth trend, while most of the geographies in the global trichloroethylene and perchloroethylene market are anticipated to mark a declining trend in the next decade.
- The consumption of trichloroethylene and perchloroethylene decreased in North America in the last decade. The region has been a net exporter of these chlorinated solvents since the last few years.
- According to the European Chlorinated Solvents Association (ECSA), the production and use of trichloroethylene and perchloroethylene in Europe has been declining since the last few decades. The usage of trichloroethylene has declined by more than 50% since the mid-1970s, due to improvement in operating conditions, leading to better solvent recovery, and growing use of other solvents for metal cleaning.
Fluorocarbon to be Leading Grade in Trichloroethylene and Perchloroethylene Market
- Amid the decline in the demand for a majority of grades of trichloroethylene and perchloroethylene, the fluorocarbon grade segment of the market is expected to witness moderate growth during the forecast period.
- The fluorocarbon segment of trichloroethylene and perchloroethylene is anticipated to expand at a CAGR higher than that of the market CAGR, from 2019 to 2027. Trichloroethylene and perchloroethylene have largely been used as basic raw materials in the synthesis of hydrofluorocarbon HFC 134a, a popular alternative for chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) refrigerants, and hydrochlorofluorocarbons such as HCFC 123, HCFC 124, and HFC 125.
- The market share of the dry cleaning segment is estimated to decline during the forecast period, as the market is shifting toward the usage of more efficient equipment to limit emissions. This is in compliance with the implementation of stringent government rules regarding workplace exposure levels.
Hydrofluorocarbon Refrigerant to be Leading Application
- Based on application, the global trichloroethylene and perchloroethylene market has been segregated into degreasers, hydrofluorocarbon refrigerants, spot-removal solvents, and others.
- The hydrofluorocarbon refrigerant segment accounted for a large share of ~ 30% of the global trichloroethylene and perchloroethylene market in 2018. Perchloroethylene is primarily employed as the basic raw material in the manufacture of hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) 134a, which was introduced as an alternative to chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) refrigerants. Perchloroethylene is also employed in the synthesis of hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) 123 and 124, and HFC 125. Trichloroethylene is used as an intermediate in the production of refrigerants such as HFCs and HCFCs. It is also used as an ingredient in solvents in metal degreaser applications.
- Various environment-related regulations imposed in developed geographies such as the U.S. and the European Union favor the phase-out of HFCs, HCFCs, and other hazardous materials. This is anticipated to hamper the demand for trichloroethylene and perchloroethylene during the forecast period.
Request a PDF Brochure @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=74015
Key manufacturers operating in the global trichloroethylene and perchloroethylene market include:
- Westlake Chemical Corporation
- The Olin Corporation
- Dow (SAFECHEM Europe GmbH)
- AGC Chemicals
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- TOAGOSEI CO., LTD.
- ACURO ORGANICS LIMITED
- Befar Group Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Xinlong Group
- Kanto Denka Kogyo Co.
Request COVID-19 Impact Analysis @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=74015
Related Report – PE Blow Molded Products Market