Chloroxylenol Market: Introduction
- Chloroxylenol (4-chloro-3, 5-dimethylphenol), also known as para-chloro-meta-xylenol (PCMX), is a broad spectrum antimicrobial chemical compound. It is an antiseptic and disinfectant that is used to control bacteria, algae, fungi, and virus.
- Chloroxylenol possesses antimicrobial properties that can be enhanced by additives. The antibacterial action in chloroxylenol can be ascribed to the disruption of cell membrane potential and stopping the function of enzymes. Chloroxylenol is available as a liquid.
- Chloroxylenol is widely used in households and hospitals for disinfection and sanitation, antibacterial soaps, wound-cleansing applications, and household antiseptics such as Dettol liquid (to which it contributes its distinctive odor), cream, and ointments. Application of chloroxylenol can cause mild skin irritation in some individuals.
- Chloroxylenol was developed in the 1920s in Europe. It is being used in the U.S. since the 1950s. Chloroxylenol is less toxic to humans. It is almost non-toxic to birds, moderately toxic to freshwater invertebrates, and highly toxic to fish and cats.
- Based on application, the global chloroxylenol market can be segmented into household cleaners, pharmaceuticals, personal care & cosmetics, and others
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Chloroxylenol Market
- Chloroxylenol is mentioned in the list of essential medicines issued by the World Health Organization, owing to its medicinal usage such as antiseptic; and disinfectant agent for skin disinfection and surgical instruments. Rise in demand for chloroxylenol in medical and pharmaceutical industries is anticipated to fuel the global chloroxylenol market during the forecast period.
- Crystalline powder form of chloroxylenol is used in the formulation of bath products, makeup products, skin cleansers, shampoos, deodorants, and feminine hygiene products, due to its antimicrobial and antifungal properties. Thus, rise in demand for chloroxylenol in the personal care & cosmetics industry is likely to drive the global chloroxylenol market in the next few years.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Chloroxylenol Market report
Chloroxylenol Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global chloroxylenol market can be classified into household cleaners, pharmaceuticals, personal care & cosmetics, and others
- Chloroxylenol possesses antimicrobial properties due to the disruption of cell membrane potential Thus, it is primarily used in soaps, household disinfectants & antiseptics such as Dettol liquid, wound cleaning application, creams, and ointments.
- Chloroxylenol is widely used in the formulation of cosmetic and personal care products including bath products, makeup products, skin cleansers, shampoos, deodorants, and feminine hygiene products, due to its antimicrobial and antifungal properties
- Chloroxylenol is employed in the medical and pharmaceutical sectors to treat skin infections and clean surgical instruments, respectively, since it acts as an antiseptic and disinfecting agent
North America and Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Market for Chloroxylenol
- In terms of region, the global chloroxylenol market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of consumption, North America accounted for major share of the chloroxylenol market in 2018. It is slated to constitute the key share of the global market during the forecast period. The U.S. is one of the technologically advanced regions across the globe. Demand for cosmetic and personal care products, wherein Chloroxylenol is used, is high in the country.
- Asia Pacific has been experiencing high rate of urbanization, growth in medical and pharmaceutical sector, and increase in population. Demand for chloroxylenol has been high in developing countries of Asia Pacific, including India and China, owing to the rise in disposable income of consumers, and improvement in the standard of living of the people.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period, owing to the growth in number of domestic players in vertical market segments
Request for Covid-19 Impact Analysis @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=77496
Key Manufacturers Operating in Chloroxylenol Market
The global chloroxylenol market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Jiangsu Huanxin High-tech Materials
- Nanjing Datang Chemical
- Hunan Lijie Biochemical
- ComWin International
- Yudong Technology
- Liangyungang Liyan Chemical
- Tongling Qianyan New Material
- Jiangsu Equalchem
- Shandong Aoyou Biological Technology
- Hangzhou Huasheng Pharm and Chem
- Guangdong Aona New Material
- Hangzhou Jingyou Chemical
For More Info View @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/casestudies/food-and-beverages-case-study