This revised approach will involve refusing applications assessed as not meeting a legislative requirement at the initial assessment stage (other than ‘genuineness’), due to a lack of required supporting evidence, where:
· no natural justice obligations apply; and
· more than two calendar days have passed since the application was lodged.
It will not include certain cases, for example where:
· health and character documentation is still pending;
· a related application that must be finalised first remains pending (e.g. it is a nomination application and there is a pending sponsorship application); or
· a reasonable and satisfactory explanation is attached to the application in ImmiAccount outlining reasons for incompleteness by an applicant (or agent on their behalf), who does not have a history of lodging incomplete applications.