The global automated test equipment market size is estimated to reach USD 5.8 billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 2.4% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing adoption of system-on chip and high demand for consumer electronics are the key drivers in the market. Growing electronic content in the automotive sector and penetration of smartphones are expected to drive the ATE market over the forecast period. Furthermore, adoption of automated test equipment in the manufacturing industry is again fueling the market demand as the test equipment saves the manufacturing cost and helps in eliminating the defective devices.
Miniaturization of devices has spurred ATE demand across various semiconductor manufacturing companies. Additionally, considerable technological advancements, coupled with design complexity and need for adequate testing, are expected to impact the industry growth positively. Developments in the manufacturing processes of semiconductors and expansion of wireless networks in developing nations are expected to benefit the market expansion over the coming years.
Growth of the market is primarily driven by semiconductor manufacturing companies, which focus on cost-effective testing. Semiconductor manufacturing companies no longer consider fabrication costs as a factor for profit margin in the manufacturing of semiconductor chips. Semiconductor companies focus on improving their fabrication technology and look for efficient ways of testing to reduce losses due to damages. Development of smartphones, tablets, and system-on-chip (SoC) based products is creating demand for greater functionality in ATE. As connected devices get smaller, more powerful, and multifaceted, they face design, application, and fabrication challenges, which increase the demand for ATE.
Increasing design complexities, along with major technological inventions, such as advanced design-for-test and adaptive testing, are some of the key drivers in the market. Moreover, recent innovations in IoT devices and autonomous vehicles and significant changes in the defense and aerospace sector have drastically changed the dynamics of the market.
Non-memory ATE is expected to gain a significant market share in the product segment over the forecast period owing to increasing number of microcontroller-based applications and surging demand from the automotive sector. Revenue of ATE from the IT and telecommunications sector is projected to witness significant growth, which is likely to boost the market demand over the forecast period. Asia Pacific accounted for a significant market share in 2018 and is expected to grow over the forecast period owing to rising number of semiconductor industries in the region. Key industry players include Aemulus Holdings Bhd (“Aemulus”); Chroma ATE Inc.; and Teradyne Inc.
Request Free Sample PDF of the research at: http://bit.ly/38e4p9B
More Detailed Study:
- The market growth is driven by significant use of the test equipment in the automotive and semiconductor industry
- On the basis of product, non-memory ATE held the largest market share in 2018 and is estimated to grow at over the forecast period owing to expansion of consumer electronics and increasingnumber of microcontroller-based applications
- Based on vertical, the IT and Telecommunication sector is estimated to grow over the forecast period owing to the increased focus on effective communication
- The automotive segment is expected to witness considerable growth over the forecast period owing to increasing integration of the electronic devices in the automobile industry
- The industry in North America is estimated to witness substantial growth over the forecast period owing to high investment by the government on the defense or aerospace industry and inventions in the field of technology
- Key players in the market include Aemulus Holdings Bhd (“Aemulus”); Chroma ATE Inc.; Aeroflex Inc. (a subsidiary of Cobham plc); Astronics Corporation; Advantest Corporation; LTX-Credence Corporation (Xcerra Corporation); Teradyne Inc.; STAr Technologies Inc. (a subsidiary of Innotech Corporation); Tesec Corporation; Roos Instruments, Inc.; Marvin Test Solutions Inc.; and Danaher Corporation
- Teradyne Inc.; LTX-Credence Corporation (Xcerra Corporation); and Advantest Corporation dominated majority of the market share.