Retrovirus Testing Market: Introduction
- Retrovirus is a type of virus with RNA as its genetic material. It is composed of an enzyme called reverse transcriptase that converts RNA to DNA after infecting a cell. It then integrates its DNA into the host DNA for replication.
- Retroviruses are a group of viruses that belong to the Retroviridae family. Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is one of the common retroviruses known to cause diseases in humans. Other forms of retroviruses include human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 (HTLV-1), HTLV-2, HIV 1, and HIV 2.
- HTLV-1 is known to cause a type of cancer known as adult T-cell leukemia, and a neurodegenerative condition known as HTLV-1-associated myelopathy/tropical spastic paraparesis (HAM/TSP). It was the first retrovirus to be discovered, detected, and isolated, followed by the HIV.
Report Overview @
- Endogenous retroviruses (ERVs) are persistent features of genomes in various animals. Human ERVs are known to be distributed in the human genome over the course of evolution, making up to 4% of the human DNA.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Retrovirus Testing Market
- High prevalence of HIV and increase in awareness about the diagnosis of HIV are driving the global retrovirus testing market. According to UNAIDS, more than 37.9 million people were suffering from HIV at the end of 2018, and over 78% of the population was aware of carrying the infection.
- Retrovirus testing tools act as one of the efficient tools for the identification of the disease. These tolls provide quick results, with significantly high efficacy, thus boosting the retrovirus testing market.
- Rise in adoption of in-vitro assays for the diagnosis of retroviruses, owing to the increase in incidence of sexually transmitted diseases, and growth in investments in research and development, are propelling the global retrovirus testing market
- Introduction of technologically advanced and rapid retroviral infection detection technologies, increase in awareness about diagnostic tests, and rise in expenditure on the screening of retroviruses are anticipated to propel the global retrovirus testing market during the forecast period
- Lack of skilled professionals to perform the assays and high cost of retrovirus testing assays and diagnostic kits are projected to hamper the retrovirus testing market during the forecast period
Planning To Lay Down Future Strategy? Request Brochure Of Retrovirus Testing Market
North America to Lead Global Retrovirus Testing Market
- In terms of region, the global retrovirus testing market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global retrovirus testing market owing to the increase in awareness about the diagnosis of retrovirus, presence of well-established health care infrastructure, and growth in investments in research and development activities
- Europe followed North America for retrovirus testing in 2018. The region, in turn, was followed by Asia Pacific. The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace in the near future. It is likely to be followed by the market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa
To Obtain All-Inclusive Information On Forecast Analysis Of Retrovirus Testing Market , Request A Discount
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Retrovirus Testing Market
Leading players operating in the global retrovirus testing market include:
- Roche Diagnostics Ltd.
- DiaSorin S.p.A.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- bioMérieux SA
- Abbott Diagnostics
- Alere Inc.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research –
Pharmerging Market –
Request For Coronavirus Infection Market Analysis –