Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market: Introduction
- Combination drug therapy can be defined as usage of two or more pharmacologic agents in a single dosage formulation. Combination antiviral drug therapy has come to the forefront of antiviral treatment in the past few years. The primary objective of combination drug therapy is to enhance the efficacy of single-agent therapy, to minimize toxicity by reducing individual drug dosages, and to prevent or forestall the development of drug resistance.
Report Overview @
- The combination of antiviral drug reduces the viral load and delays the development of drug resistance. Combination antiviral therapy stops the virus from making copies of itself in the body. Antiviral drugs, unlike antibiotics, inhibit the development and growth of the pathogen. This reduces pathogen replication in a patient’s body. High cost of antiviral drugs makes it harder to reach patients. Pharmaceutical companies invest a significant percentage of development cost in research & development.
Key Drivers of Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market
Increase in Incidence of Viral Infections
- Population growth, increase in contact with wild animals, and degradation of the health care resources lead to increase in incidence rate of viral infectious diseases. Majority of the infectious diseases are spread through animal contact and they are considered as the vector. The other most important reason is the change and adaption occurring in the genetic composition of the organism, which help them to resist the drugs used against them. Infectious viruses first infect an individual through a medium of vector and then spread to the community. Hence, increase in incidence of viral infections drives the global antiviral combination drug therapies market.
Planning To Lay Down Future Strategy? Request Brochure Of Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market
Increase in Incidence Rate of Influenza
- Influenza is a respiratory infection caused by influenza viruses and spreads easily. Influenza viruses undergo constant genetic change, which has substantial impact on induced immunity and considerations for vaccine composition. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), when an infected person coughs or sneezes, droplets containing viruses (infectious droplets) are dispersed into the air and can spread up to one meter, and infect persons in close proximity who breathe these droplets in. In order to prevent transmission, people should cover their mouth and nose with a tissue while coughing and wash their hands regularly. Hence, increase in incidence rate of influenza drives the global antiviral combination drug therapies market.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global antiviral combination drug therapies market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years due to increase in incidence of infectious diseases and various government initiatives for the development of novel medications. Europe is expected to be the second largest market during the forecast period.
- The antiviral combination drug therapies market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rise in investment in research & development by the private and government organizations and increase in incidence of chronic diseases.
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS –
Key Players Operating in Global Antiviral Combination Drug Therapies Market
The global antiviral combination drug therapies market is highly consolidated, with the presence of a small number of key players. Leading players operating in the global antiviral combination drug therapies market are:
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Gilead Sciences
- Abbott Laboratories
- AstraZeneca plc.
- AbbVie, Inc.
- Schering-Plough Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- Merck & Co., Inc.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research –
Legionella Testing Market –