The global automotive smart antenna market was valued at US$ 2,421.2 Mn in 2018 and is expected to reach US$ 6,945.4 Mn by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 14.3% during the forecast period.
The increasing number of Internet of Things (IoT) devices will generate huge amount of data with it and 5G network is expected to overcome the limitations of 4G by enhancing connectivity across the networks. 5G technology is expected to greatly improve mobile wireless networks' capacity and data speeds, allowing network providers to offer much more robust internet connections to devices.
According to Ericsson, Major 5G network deployments are expected to be complete by 2020, and an expected 4.1 billion IoT cellular connections will use 5G worldwide by 2024. Moreover, 5G is expected to play a crucial role in automobile industry. It is expected to enhance the vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) communications and offer increased visibility and control.
Get a Sample Copy @ https://www.alltheresearch.com/sample-request/326
Currently, millions of vehicles use cellular network for real-time navigation, connected infotainment, and other services. However, introduction of 5G network is expected to enable additional applications such as self-driving, Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V), Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I), Vehicle-to-pedestrian (V2P) communications. Smart antennas for 5G will improve coverage and optimize capacity by focusing RF signals where they are needed the most.
In addition, Smart Antennas enhance 5G application and service mobility by facilitating a more continuous connection, which may become particularly useful at 5G coverage seams. Autonomous cars use numerous sensors to make vehicle smarter and these sensors will generate unprecedented amounts of data. Handling, processing and analysing these data requires a much faster network than the existing 4G technology. 5G network will provide ultra-fast, highly reliable, and fully responsive network with reduced latency.
The impact of this driver is expected to be remain high during the forecast period. Introduction of autonomous cars and adoption of 5G cellular network is a major factor driving the demand of automotive smart antenna market.
The ripple effect of Coronavirus-Covid19 on the market needs to become part of strategy discussions to emerge strong. The Analyst team is meticulously tracking the impact and relevance to all the sectors in the Ecosystem. Key datasets include Revenue Impact analysis, Disruptions and New opportunities in the Supply Chain, Revised Vendor Landscape Mix, New opportunities mapping, and more. https://www.alltheresearch.com/impactC19-request/326
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2018 and is expected to remain dominant over the forecast period.
- The very high frequency segment held the largest market share of 47.7%, followed by high frequency and ultra-high frequency segments.
- Based on the component type Electronic Control Unit (ECU) is an attractive segment for investment owing to the rising demand for road safety across the globe.
- According to International Energy Agency (IEA), the global electric car fleet exceeded 5.1 million in 2018, up two million from the previous year and almost doubling the number of new electric car sales.
- The demand from Asia Pacific is driven by the major government initiatives and growth in the manufacturing of hybrid vehicles in this region.
- In 2019, DENSO Corporation has announced to merge with DENSO Sales Japan Corporation, DENSO Ten Sales Limited, and DENSO Ten Service Limited to form a new company called DENSO Solution Japan Corporation. The main objective of the collaboration was to increase competitiveness and create high value-added new products and services in the automotive market. This has also helped DENSO corporation to accelerate business execution, R&D, and other efficiencies during major industrial changes.
- In 2019, Ficosa has acknowledged with European RED certification for its CarCom platform with Cellular-V2X technology. The certification has helped Ficosa in positioning itself as one of the foremost suppliers of collaborative automotive components for developing connected systems in smart cities.
- In 2018, Airgain, Inc. announced the release of OptumX antenna, a shot-glass MIMO LTE antenna. This product is expertise in delivering high performance and ultra-wide band dual LTE MIMO solution in robust form-factor.
- In 2018, Harman International has announced to launch a new 5G-ready multiband conformal antenna for automotive applications. These combined multiple antennae have helped automakers to keep their product connected in one