Antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) are a new class of biopharmaceutical drug containing an antibody with to a biologically active drug. They are designed to eliminate the tumor after being released in the bloodstream to target cancerous cells. The global Antibody Drug Conjugate Market Growth report by Market Research Future (MRFR) contains in detail the effects of ADCs as well as the large potential in medical applications.
The global Antibody Drug Conjugate Market is expected to exhibit 19% CAGR from 2017 to 2023 (forecast period). It can thrive during the forecast period due to the ability of ADCs to strengthen the immunity system and enhances its ability to fight cancerous cells. Development of novel therapeutic agents to be included in ADCs to fight cancer can drive the market growth. Emergence of targeted therapies and high prevalence of various cancers are other drivers of the market. Increased investment by drug manufacturers and collaboration between biotechnology and biopharmaceutical companies can bolster the market growth.
The effects of targeting specific cells coupled with the killing ability of cytotoxic drugs make this antibody drug conjugate the ideal choice for the treatment of various cancers. The rising prevalence of cancer all across the globe has catapulted the antibody drug conjugate market on an upward trajectory. Additionally, the advancements in medical technologies are anticipated to drive the growth of the global market by enhancing the accuracy of the drug.
Increased investments in research & developments in the antibody drug conjugate market are further expected to augment the market size. Nevertheless, the high cost associated with the procedures is likely to hold the market growth through the projection period..
- Seattle Genetics
- Mersana Therapeutics
- Concortis Biotherapeutics
- Pfizer Inc
- AbbVie Inc
- Millennium Pharmaceuticals
- Roche Holding AG
- Oxford BioTherapeutics
- The antibody drug conjugate market is segmented by type, product, technology, application, and end-user.
- By type, it is segmented into linker, drug/toxin, monoclonal antibodies, and others. The monoclonal antibodies segment is projected to thrive during the forecast period. This can be attributed to successful clinical trials by prominent companies as well as development of other drugs in the pipeline can augur favorably for the segment growth.
- By product, it is segmented into Kadcyla, Adcertis, and others.
- By technology, it is segmented into Immunomedics technology, ImmunoGen technology, Seattle Genetics technology, and others.
- By application, breast cancer, kidney cancer, lymphoma, lung cancer, multiple myeloma, pancreas cancer, prostate cancer, ovary cancer, glioblastoma, leukemia, colon cancer, solid tumors, skin cancer, and others. Breast cancer can be the largest segment during the forecast period due to high incidence of such cancers.
- By treatment, it is segmented into targeted therapy, hormone therapy, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, surgery, and others. Chemotherapy and targeted therapy are segments deemed to gain maximum revenue for the antibody drug conjugate market in the coming years.
- By end-user, it is segmented into hospitals, biopharmaceutical companies, academic research institutes, specialized cancer centers, biotechnology companies, and others.
Asia Pacific (APAC), the Americas, the Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Europe are regions covered in the global antibody drug conjugate market report.
The Americas is predicted to be the leading region in the market followed by Europe. The region is expected to experience a massive windfall due to implementation of nanotechnology for hosting ADCs, advances in manufacturing processes, and technological breakthroughs. Presence of prominent drug manufacturers combined with approval of drugs are likely to augment the global market revenue manifold.
The APAC region is expected to be one of the biggest regions in the coming years due to heavy investments by biopharmaceutical companies. Furthermore, outsourcing of drug contracts to India and China due to cost-effective labor and skilled personnel can influence the regional antibody drug conjugate market growth.