Antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) are a new class of biopharmaceutical drug containing an antibody with to a biologically active drug. They are designed to eliminate the tumor after being released in the bloodstream to target cancerous cells. The globalAntibody Drug Conjugate Market Growth report by Market Research Future (MRFR) contains in detail the effects of ADCs as well as the large potential in medical applications.
The global Antibody Drug Conjugate Market Overviewis expected to exhibit 19% CAGR from 2017 to 2023 (forecast period). It can thrive during the forecast period due to the ability of ADCs to strengthen the immunity system and enhances its ability to fight cancerous cells. Development of novel therapeutic agents to be included in ADCs to fight cancer can drive the market growth. Emergence of targeted therapies and high prevalence of various cancers are other drivers of the market. Increased investment by drug manufacturers and collaboration between biotechnology and biopharmaceutical companies can bolster the market growth.
The market is about to witness a rise in demand for ADCs owing to the prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer. With the rising population, the number of people affected by the disease is also on the rise. ADCs offer a better fighting chance against the disease, and by giving a faster recovery time, it reinstalls hope in patients. This has also given rise to the demand for ADCs. Also, the advances in linker technology have widened the scope of ADC improvisation. Efforts towards patent protection can provide the ADC market a boost and a robust shape.
However, ADCs incur heavy cost as the production has both upstream and downstream hurdles that affect the feasibility. Moreover, the lack of experienced hands and regulatory challenges can prove as impediments for the market during the forecast period. Competitive Outlook:
· Seattle Genetics
· Mersana Therapeutics
· Concortis Biotherapeutics
· Pfizer Inc
· AbbVie Inc
· Millennium Pharmaceuticals
· Roche Holding AG
· Oxford BioTherapeutics
· The antibody drug conjugate market is segmented by type, product, technology, application, and end-user.
· By type, it is segmented into linker, drug/toxin, monoclonal antibodies, and others. The monoclonal antibodies segment is projected to thrive during the forecast period. This can be attributed to successful clinical trials by prominent companies as well as development of other drugs in the pipeline can augur favorably for the segment growth.
· By product, it is segmented into Kadcyla, Adcertis, and others.
· By technology, it is segmented into Immunomedics technology, ImmunoGen technology, Seattle Genetics technology, and others.
· By application, breast cancer, kidney cancer, lymphoma, lung cancer, multiple myeloma, pancreas cancer, prostate cancer, ovary cancer, glioblastoma, leukemia, colon cancer, solid tumors, skin cancer, and others. Breast cancer can be the largest segment during the forecast period due to high incidence of such cancers.
· By treatment, it is segmented into targeted therapy, hormone therapy, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, surgery, and others. Chemotherapy and targeted therapy are segments deemed to gain maximum revenue for the antibody drug conjugate market in the coming years.
· By end-user, it is segmented into hospitals, biopharmaceutical companies, academic research institutes, specialized cancer centers, biotechnology companies, and others.
Asia Pacific (APAC), the Americas, the Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Europe are regions covered in the global antibody drug conjugate market report.
The Americas is predicted to be the leading region in the market followed by Europe. The region is expected to experience a massive windfall due to implementation of nanotechnology for hosting ADCs, advances in manufacturing processes, and technological breakthroughs. Presence of prominent drug manufacturers combined with approval of drugs are likely to augment the global market revenue manifold.
The APAC region is expected to be one of the biggest regions in the coming years due to heavy investments by biopharmaceutical companies. Furthermore, outsourcing of drug contracts to India and China due to cost-effective labor and skilled personnel can influence the regional antibody drug conjugate market growth.