Antibiotics are powerful medicines that fight bacterial infections. They either stop bacteria from reproducing or destroy them. Several types of antibiotics are available, and they are generally available with a prescription in most countries.
According to MRFR analysis, the global Antibiotics Market Size is expected to register a CAGR of 4.8% during the forecast period of 2019 to 2025 and was valued at USD 51,835 million in 2018.
The growth of global antibiotics market is driven by various factors such as increasing efforts undertaken by major companies for the development of advanced antibiotic products, development of generic drugs, increasing approval of antibiotic drugs, rise in incidence of chronic and infectious diseases, growing investment opportunities by biotech companies in research and development, is expected to drive the growth of the global antibiotics market.
· Novartis AG
· Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
· Astellas Pharma Inc
· F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
· Pfizer Inc
· Johnson & Johnson Services
· Abbott Laboratories
· GlaxoSmithKline PLC
· Bayer AG
· Eli Lilly and Company
· Merck & Co
· The global antibiotics market has been segmented based on drug class, spectrum of activity, drug origin, and end user.
· The market, based on drug class, has been divided into cephalosporins, penicillin, fluoroquinolones, macrolides, carbapenem, aminoglycosides, sulfonamides, and others.
· The global antibiotics market has been bifurcated, based on spectrum of activity, into broad-spectrum antibiotics and narrow-spectrum antibiotics.
· The global antibiotics market has been segmented based on drug origin into natural, semisynthetic, and synthetic.
· The global antibiotics market has been segmented based on drug origin into natural, synthetic, and semisynthetic.
· The end user segment of the antibiotics market includes hospitals & clinics, research organizations, and others.
The market has been divided, by region, into the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa. The Americas is expected to be the largest market owing to the increasing adoption of antibiotics. The antibiotics market in the Americas has further been branched into North America and Latin America, with the North American market divided into the US and Canada. The European antibiotics market has been categorized as Western Europe and Eastern Europe. The Western European market has further been classified as Germany, France, the UK, Italy, Spain, and the rest of Western Europe. The antibiotics market in Asia-Pacific has been segmented into Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, and the rest of Asia-Pacific. Easy availability of antibiotic drugs and the rise in over-the-counter antibiotic medicines has boosted the growth of the antibiotics market, the market in Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing. The antibiotics market in the Middle East & Africa has been divided into the Middle East and Africa.