Genetic modification has opened the doors for reverse genetics, linking of the DNA sequence to phenotype, and analyzing of gene function. With traditional and conventional methods becoming obsolete due to its time-consuming, inefficient, and labor-intensive characteristics, it has led to the emergence of new technologies and methodologies. Technologies such as TALEN, CRISPR /Cas9 nuclease, and ZFN boast the ability to initiate genome editing in a precise and easy manner with no limitations by the organism. These advancing technological instruments have opened new possibilities for conducting large-scale experiments and added to the market growth of gene editing. The gene editing method has attained a lot of attention in research institutions and drug development due to its capability of changing genetic mutations that can cause diseases. The global gene editing market is forecasted to witness an impressive rise with a CAGR of 18.30% during the review period of 2018-2023.
The global Gene Editing Market Overviewis mainly driven by the growing demand for gene editing tools from the biotechnology sector, where gene editing is becoming an increasingly important tool for research of various kinds. The growing gene editing market is profiled in detail in the report with the help of detailed information about the market’s historical growth trajectory. This information provides solid backing for the projections presented in the report for the market’s likely growth trajectory from 2017 to 2023.
· Transposagen Biopharmaceuticals Inc
· Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc
· Sigma-Aldrich Corporation
· Sangamo Biosciences Inc
· OriGene Technologies Inc
· New England Biolabs Inc
· Lonza Group Ltd
· Integrated DNA Technologies Inc
· The global gene editing market is segmented on the basis of method, application, end use, and region.
· By application, the global gene editing market is segmented into plant genetic engineering, animal genetic engineering, microorganism genetic engineering, and gene therapy.
· By method, the global gene editing market is segmented into CRISPR, TALEN, ZFN, antisense technology, and others. CRISPR holds by far the largest share in the global gene editing market, followed by TALEN. Further enhancements in CRISPR technology to make it even more precise and useful are likely to further increase the share of the segment in the coming years.
· By end use, the global gene editing market is segmented into the biotech industry, the pharmaceutical industry, and contract research organizations.
The geographical market segmentation covers regions like Asia-Pacific, the Americas, Europe, and the Middle East & Africa.
The Americas is the highest market share holder in the global geographical segmentation. The US accounts for the largest contributor to the Americas market with huge development in drug discovery research, development of the biotechnology industry, infrastructural superiority in the healthcare industry, and many other factors.
Europe closely follows the Americas with the region placing more impetus on finding better treatment solutions with investments in advancing technologies. Asia-Pacific is expected to the be fastest growing market due to increasing support from the government to proliferate the biotechnology sector. Finally, lack of technical know-how, low level of development in the biotechnology industry is limiting the growth charts of the Middle East & Africa market.