This blog is originally posted on PixelPhant.com
Clipping path is a vector path, created with the help of a pen tool to cut out the selected portion of a 2D image. It is a process to remove the unwanted background and cutout the useful part of the image.
Clipping path is hand drawn, using different tools such as
. Pen tool
. Lasso tool
. Magnetic Lasso tool
Here are some simple steps to create a clipping path.
· Open the image on which you want to create clipping path
· Zoom in at the edge of the image for better visibility with ‘Command+ in Mac or Ctrl+ in Windows’
· With the help of Pen tool, the path is drawn over the edges of the object and merged back to the starting point.
· ‘Ctrl-Enter’ is used as a shortcut for create a selection of clipping path.
· To save clipping path in windows, click on ‘Create new path’ in the Paths panel. The path is then saved temporarily.
· You can save it by double clicking on it and rename it.
· The path can be saved with JPG, PNG and PSD formats.
In is one of the most commonly used image editing practices and is of great use to those who sell online.
Uses of clipping path
To cutout an object from the image.
To remove the undesired background from an image.
To do image manipulation and group photo retouching.
To increase the usability of the product image.
and much more.
Searching for a post-production agency which provides precise clipping path and other image editing services is now hassle-free. At PixePhant, . We will feel fortunate to serve you with excellence and all that is possible for us.