The global acrylonitrile market size is projected to reach USD 16.5 billion by 2027, expanding at a revenue-based CAGR of 4.3%, according to a new report by Radiant Insights, Inc. The increasing demand for acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) is anticipated to drive growth over the forecast period.
ABS is expected to have strong demand from the automotive, construction, and electronics industries, especially in the developing countries such as China and Brazil. The increasing production of consumer durable electronics in China due to the growing affordability and innovations in the industry are anticipated to propel the demand. ABS offers excellent heat stability and resistance to chemicals making it suitable in the manufacture of electronic devices.
Download Free Sample Report @ https://www.radiantinsights.com/research/acrylonitrile-market/request-sample
Apart from ABS, styrene-acrylonitrile resins manufactured using acrylonitrile and styrene are also expected to play a key role in fueling the demand for the product. These are used in consumer electronics and automotive manufacturing. These resins are also gaining preference in the pharmaceutical industry due to chemical resistance, dimensional stability, and hygiene and safety benefits.
In spite of the various application of acrylonitrile across major end-use industries, the acrylonitrile market is projected to witness moderate growth over the forecast period. The constant fluctuations in raw material prices, the trade complications of petrochemicals caused by U.S.-China trade war, economic and political disruptions in Iran, and other Middle Eastern countries are likely to hinder the smooth supply of raw materials affecting the production cycle.
The acrylonitrile producers and consumers are under high scrutiny in Europe, due to the health and environmental hazards. In October 2019, INEOS announced a potential closure of its ACN manufacturing plant in U.K. due to high investment of Euro 200 million in order to comply with the environmental standards and regulations. Such issues have resulted in a shift in end-user preference for environment compliant or bio-based polymers, thus restraining the regional market.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
• ABS application dominated the industry with a volumetric share of over 33.5% in 2019. ABS is highly flexible for use in injection molding, blow molding, as well as extrusion processes. It has superior physical, chemical, and mechanical properties and is cost effective as compared to other resins, which is expected to fuel its production, thus positively affecting the acrylonitrile market over the forecast period
• Carbon fiber is expected to witness the fastest growth rate of 3.1%, in terms of volume, over the forecast period on account of growing demand for lightweight materials from automotive and aerospace sectors
• Asia Pacific is the largest and fastest growing market, in terms of revenue, on account of high demand for ABS as a replacement of traditional plastics in the end-use sectors, particularly automotive
• North America accounted for a volume share of 19.3%, in terms of volume, in 2019. According to the National Council of Textile Organizations, the U.S. textiles industry invested over USD 22.8 billion in new plants and equipment from 2006 to 2017. High focus of the manufacturers on production and export of textiles is expected to fuel the demand for acrylic fiber, thereby fueling the demand for acrylonitrile over the coming years
• In December 2017, Energy Department's National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) developed a novel method for the production of renewable acrylonitrile. This method is a hybrid biological-catalytic process and uses hydroxypropionic acid (3-HP) as a raw material.
Browse Full Research Report with TOC @ https://www.radiantinsights.com/research/acrylonitrile-market
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research methodology
1.2 Research scope and assumptions
1.3 List to data sources
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market summary
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market lineage outlook
3.1.1 Global organic compound market outlook
3.1.2 Global acrylonitrile market outlook
3.2 Market size and growth prospects, 2019 - 2027
3.3 Value chain analysis
3.3.1 Raw material analysis
3.3.2 Vendor Selection Criteria
3.3.3 Sales Channel Analysis
3.3.4 Price trend analysis, 2016 - 2019
3.4 Technological overview
3.5 Trade analysis, 2014 - 2018
3.5.1 Key exporter by volume
3.5.2 Key exporter by value
3.5.3 Key importer by volume
3.5.4 Key importer by value
Read all Reports of this category @ https://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/chemicals
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. It assists and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decisions making process. The Organization has a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras
Phone: (415) 349-0054
Toll Free: 1-888-928-9744
Address: 201 Spear Street 1100, Suite 3036,
City: San Francisco; State: California; Country: United States