Hey everybody! I will write about today's assignment that was to interview a focus group on a chosen topic: "How to maintain work-life-study balance, being a MSc student?"
I will start with the tips on how to interview people:
- Make up questions: luckily, we had created 8 questions together.
- Find a comfortable place to interview your peers. Sit in circle, smile, and show your positiveness. Put a happy face (Joker, 2019, dir. Todd Phillips)
- Consent and assure the participants that no personal information will be disclosed, and that the interview will be recorded.
- Interview each other on the questions. Take notes.
- Analyze and interpret the data.
- Represent the data in the form of an article/blogpost/etc.
Now I will provide my own reflection of the interview that I took from my groupmates, 4 Master of Science students. To facilitate the process, I will reflect on the tips.
- The questions were really interesting, e.g. "How do you understand life balance?" It is important to create questions that cannot be answered with "Yes" and "No".
- We've found a place with soft mini-sofas. Thanks to NU for this!
- I asked their permission to record the interview. They all responded positively.
- I asked 8 questions to my peers. In case they did not know how to respond, I paraphrased the questions to make it easier to answer. I took notes.
- The data will be analyzed and interpreted in the form of visual tables.
- I hope I will manage to write an article, presenting the findings of this case study.
To summarize my reflection, I can state that the interview was really interesting for my peers and myself. Thanks to Dr Anna CohenMiller for this task.