This week (3 lessons) we will study Academic Writing.
Lesson 1: Academic writing at a glance
Important questions of the lesson:
- Why do we have Writing section in IELTS?
- What is the format? Why?
- How to improve writing? Three tips: read, analyze, reproduce.
- How to write 250 words? Brainstorm as the most important tool.
- Structure of a paragraph. Thesis statement. Ideas and connecting them. Mini-conclusion.
Practice: write an essay in Teletype and share with me in WhatsApp. The same topic as in the model answer (link above).
- groups 6a, 6b: Tues, Feb 25th, 23:55.
- groups 7c, 7d: Sun, Feb 23rd, 23:55.
Lesson 2: Writing Task 2
- Are the essays different?
- What are the types?
- How to differentiate (понять, где какой тип)?
- How many paragraphs are there?
Pluses and minuses: https://ieltsliz.com/ielts-advantage-disadvantage-model-essay/
Direct questions: https://ieltsliz.com/ielts-model-essay-score-9/
Practice: write an essay to a similar topic (links above). Deadline:
- groups 6a, 6b: Thur, Feb 27th, 23:55.
- groups 7c, 7d: Wed, Feb 26th, 23:55.
Lesson 3: Academic Writing 1
- What is Task 1?
- How many words are there?
- Is the structure same as in Writing Task 2?
- What is different?
Theory (Line graph): https://ieltsliz.com/ielts-writing-task-1-line-graph-model-score-9/
Practice: write a report (task 1) on this topic.
- groups 6a, 6b: Sat, Feb 29th, 23:55.
- groups 7c, 7d: Fri, Feb 28th, 23:55.
Individual work: Study other types of reports: